Sign in to follow this  

2006 Hemi Ram Quad Cab issue

I'm not sure if and Mopar tech's are out there but here goes. While driving my Ram I came to stop, hopped out to get the mail while leaving the truck running and the horn stayed on as well as the interior lights and cab exterior light. The horn shut off after a minute or so but the lights stayed on. Every 20 - 30 seconds after that it would dash would ding with no engine light or anything. No service lights came on at all. Brought it to the dealer and they said the horn button is probably sticking. I doubt it. Just thought I'd see if anyone has had the same type of problem.:applause:

Stroked, was the door ajar? If so that was why you heard the dinging and the lights are on. I think you can turn the exterior light off though by using the switch on the dash, it has a couple of settings. The truck was trying to tell you to remove the keys if the door was open. Not sure about the horn. I know they had a recall on 2006 and earlier models to make a dinging noise when the truck is in reverse. I guess so you don't forget.

Yes, the door was ajar. Then I closed it and the lights were still on, and the dings were about 20 - 30 seconds apart. Wow hawkster, were you kidding around? Turn off the exterior light by using the switch on the dash???:applause: It's actually a button below the light switch. I had to remove the battery cable for 10 sec. or so to reset whatever was going on.

Stroked I wasn't kidding. My Dodge has a rotating knob to the right of the headlight switch. It says 'cargo light' on it. If I rotate the cargo light to on 'all the way down', the cargo light comes on and the dinging or beeping commences. Rotate upwards to off, and the dinging quits along with the cargo light going off. With door open.

On another subject. One trick is to disable the seat belt warning chimes when you aren't wearing the seat belt. Naderists take note, this is when you are on the farm, or like me, backing up an rv and you don't like the seatbelt warning chime going off every few seconds. Or maybe you are cantankerous and don't like the seat belt at all. The instructions are in your owners manual.

Thanks Matt, thats what I was looking for. The dealer ordered me a horn button and the guts so well see where it gets them, it's covered anyhow so I'm all set.