Bloody Woman!

I was doing a lazy valve clearance adjustment, using a pen in one of the spark-plug holes to find tdc, with my wife turning the back wheel in 5th gear, all of the sudden she turned it too fast:eek:

I ended up with an inch off the end of the bic pen inside the combustion chamber:eek:

Managed to vacuum the little blue cap out, but that was all:mad:

So I did the adjustments, put my helmet on and started it. What is that funny noise?

After a couple of stalls with strange noises, off I went (with a plastic smell coming out of the exhaust)

Thankfully it seems to be fine, running well, ( I put a washer under the needle and removed the snorkel while I was at it):applause:

Thank goodness I didn't use a pencil:goofy:

Damn man ,I know we all get a little lazy some times. But your not supposed to put stuff in there. I hope all the pieces made it out past the exhaust valves into the pipe. But dont be suprised if there isnt some plastic melted to the top of the piston.

Hey wouldnt that make it a high compression piston now?

I was speaking of the plug in the inspection hole.... where you look through to see the TDC line... or does your model not have that? And if I don't get my stripped cover plug out, I'll be joining you and others by indexing the engine via turning the rear wheel. BTW, is it still running OK?

I was speaking of the plug in the inspection hole.... where you look through to see the TDC line... or does your model not have that? And if I don't get my stripped cover plug out, I'll be joining you and others by indexing the engine via turning the rear wheel. BTW, is it still running OK?

Pull the side cover to look; it takes an extra 10 minutes.

Yeah, it's running fine, thankfully:ride:

(it's only done 1100km)

• 2 weeks later...