Sign in to follow this  

any advice for little sahara

I'm planning on taking the trip down to little sahara,OK. From Minnesota never rode in dunes b-4. Couple questions my quad is stock except for K&N might be getting a DR.D pipe b-4 I go,anyone running that pipe?What are your thoughts? Should I run my stock air filter so i dont suck in any sand? also I was wondering wich campground would be most suitable for me and 2 other buddy's we will be tenting it ? and what about gearing some say go down a tooth and other say go up a tooth any suggestions I wanna make the most of this trip so I want my yfz to work well in the dunes so any suggestions would be a great deal of help.

P.S what's the price for a gallon of 92 oct down there?

and is there a little sahara in UT, too

I was down there last fall and had a blast. My friends are taking another trip there over spring break but I have to go to my brothers graduation so no go for me. I would deffitnatly put a K&N on and get a sock for it too. If you get that and a pipe then I would reccommend running yours on the dyno down there to have them set the jetting right. Gas at the park is HIGH, usually about a dollar or more higher than normal stations. It isn't a very long drive to town to get fuel though. If your machine is stock I would leave your gearing alone, deffitnatly do not go down a tooth because most of the riding out there is pretty much wide open so you want a talll gear. Also if you don't have a set of paddles get a set, you will have alot more fun. The camping is pretty much all the same, the campsites are all sand so be prepared to clean stuff out when you get home.