Sign in to follow this  

Please don't flame me.....

I'm not to sure where to post this question?

I just bought a 07' Kawasaki KX450F. I would like to move the bars mor forward and higher. Forward isn't as important as getting the bars taller. I'm 6'1" with long arms. I like to ride standing up.

I guess this is a two part question.

Who makes the tallest bars?

Do I need to buy a different tripple clamp to move the bars forward?

What can anyone suggest I do and post links as well.

Thanks in advance! :applause:

most of the major bar compaines make a high bend bar (renthal, pro taper, universal, sunline) as far as moving the bars forward you can get the pro circuit upper clamp that is adjustable or you can roll the bars forward a little to get more room. check out motosport.com or even shop around in the TT store

You should be able to remove the bars, loosen the risers, and twist them 180 degrees. I think Kawi still uses the rubber mounted clamp, it will allow you to move the bars forward because the bolts on the risers are offset and they come stock with the bars closer to you. Usually in each catalog the bar manufacturers list the specs for the bars, so just find one with a higher bend than stock, several companys make high bars.

That would be cool if you can change them around with a different off set. I'll check into it.

Another question; Does anyone make a bar mount for the Kawasakis with an off set that is set up for fat bars?

Thanks again for the "green" questions...... :applause:

your title to the thread sure goes to show how more and more often, members of this board aren't acting very politely.

Apllied Racing makes adapter to use the fat bars. I am sure there are other s out there as well.