Sign in to follow this  

First D-11 enduro this weekend (Feb 25th)

So, who all is in? I'll be there come hell or high water (and I'm thinking we will see high water with the thaw and rain that's coming) I haven't done this race when it's wet, but I've heard it's pretty tough when it is wet. We shall see :applause: BTW, it's in Athens, hosted by the Athens Motorcycle Club.

CBus, good luck. I am going to try an enduro or two this year but neither I nor my bike are ready for one this weekend. Give us details on monday. Also isn't there a class for people that just want to ride and not go for year end points? Anyway hope you have a good ride and we'll wait till next week for some good results.

honuki, they do have a non-points class, it's the Sportsman's class which has a reduced entry fee (IIRC, $20 instead of $40). Here's the schedule, http://district11ama.com/ENschedule.html New Straitsville on July 15th and the Enduro Riders Little Burr on Sept 9th would be 2 good enduros to get your feet wet with. ADR on June 17th will probably be the toughest race of the year.

I think I am going up I still have never ran an enduro race. Does anyone know if i run in a higher class than I run in motocross will I have to run that class in motocross as well?

Does anyone know if i run in a higher class than I run in motocross will I have to run that class in motocross as well?

Offroad and motocross have separate classifications. You could run B in woods and C in motocross or vice versa.

I think I am going up I still have never ran an enduro race. Does anyone know if i run in a higher class than I run in motocross will I have to run that class in motocross as well?

Do you have lights and a license plate for your bike? You'll need them.

So, who all is in? I'll be there come hell or high water (and I'm thinking we will see high water with the thaw and rain that's coming) I haven't done this race when it's wet, but I've heard it's pretty tough when it is wet. We shall see :applause: BTW, it's in Athens, hosted by the Athens Motorcycle Club.

I think I'll pass.

Most of the D11 enduros are tough when wet, but I never even considered what it would be like in this crap.

It should be memorable, more of a fun to be able to finish, rather than actually fun while riding. I know your up for it, good luck.:applause:

I just thought, after Perry shuts down and racing ended you probably had no where to ride in Ohio. I hit Haspin several times in Dec, and (don't repeat this) rode my quad there the last 2 weekends.

You're right, I haven't ridden since the weekend before Thanskgiving except for the waste of time that was the HS at Krash a couple weeks ago. I'll be one sore dude on Monday and I'm sure my hands will look like hamburger!

FYI for all that are going, key time is 11AM. The bike got a fresh S-12 on the rear today. That's fun changing a tire in 30* weather when you don't have a heated garage.

The trails weren't that bad today. They had a nice layer of sloppy mud over a hard frozen base that was actaully pretty easy to ride. The course was laid out short to begin with, then we lost some more at the last minute and wound up with only 44 ground miles, but it sure beat sitting on my recliner for another weekend. Oh yeah, I rode pretty good, won my class (Open :applause: and was 4th overall B. Not a bad way to start off the new season. :applause:

Man I wanted to race it so bad today but I have no lights. I live just 1/2 hr away from track. Was it a good turn out?

Turn out was low, but really not bad considering the weather. I'd guess around 50 or so. I know there were 23 B riders and 4 AA, but I didn't count how many A riders there were. Looked to be about the same as the B classes. Get some lights and a plate on that bike and do an enduro. I love 'em.

The trails weren't that bad today. They had a nice layer of sloppy mud over a hard frozen base that was actaully pretty easy to ride. The course was laid out short to begin with, then we lost some more at the last minute and wound up with only 44 ground miles, but it sure beat sitting on my recliner for another weekend. Oh yeah, I rode pretty good, won my class (Open :applause: and was 4th overall B. Not a bad way to start off the new season. :applause:

Good job.

Thanks Dale. It feels good to get a win. I've felt like I've known how to ride, it's that I'm just finally doing it :applause: As an example, in yesterday's race, there were a couple sections that were rutted up a little and in the past, I would have dropped into the primary line and struggled, probably done some dog paddleing, but this time, I finally was looking ahead far enough, could pick out an alternate line that would give me some traction and stayed on the gas.

Way to go Cbus.:applause:

It feels great when that light goes on and you know you can do more than just ride and survive. It just gets more fun from here.:applause:

Congrats CBus, I hope to join you in one this year. Did you run spikes or just straight knobby? I'm like you and Dale, the last time on my bike was the last dualsport ride...boot hill I think. Hope we all ride more this yr.

Way to go Cbus.:applause:

It feels great when that light goes on and you know you can do more than just ride and survive. It just gets more fun from here.:applause:

Thanks DROB, it is getting funner! Only 2 weeks until I get to see how I do in the afternoon race at the General.

Congrats CBus, I hope to join you in one this year. Did you run spikes or just straight knobby? I'm like you and Dale, the last time on my bike was the last dualsport ride...boot hill I think. Hope we all ride more this yr.

Thanks honuki. I did not run spikes. I'm not sure if we could or not since they didn't say anything about them at the riders meeting. They would have helped in a couple spots, but overall, I don't think they would have helped a whole lot. You should try to make it to the 2 Day Qualifier in May. The Qualifier rules are a little different from a normal enduro and you won't need to worry about the timekeeping aspect as much. If not that race, then try the New Strait. event on July 15. The ADR race on June 17th might be a little rough for a first timer. My first enduro was an ADR event and I was ready to swear off enduros after that event. Then I came to find out they like to really "challenge" riders and after running most of the series last year, I would say that their events are the toughest around. The New Strait event last year was a fun and challenging race w/o going into the punishment side of things.