For Those Running a Large Rear Sprocket

Any recommendations on aftermarket rear chain guides? I'm not crazy about the angle here:

chain.jpg

Seems like the chain guide should be lower allowing the chain to feed from the sprocket without changing directions abruptly.

I asked about the angle in another thread, (https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=472248) but only got two responses.

Thanks,

WGW

15/51. Yep, wheelies with just the flick of the throttle. I want that ability in S mode, to be able to loft the front wheel over obstacles while off road. Actually it's real close to the E gearing, just more teeth front and rear. I run 15/38 in SM mode. Keeps the RPMS down at freeway speeds. I really don't want to change out the counter shaft sprocket (puller, lock-tite, all that) so I went big on the rear sprocket to match E gearing.

Thanks,

WGW

I changed my Countersprocket and easy as pie. No puller required. Easier/faster than rear

Changed to +2 teeth on rear

I went down to a 14 on the C sprocket.

I have realized no additional torque...My front tire won't come up on throttle only. I do ride on the tank and I know that's not helping but that's the way I ride and have never had this kind of problem on prior bikes.

I tried sitting further back and no different really.

I changed my Countersprocket and easy as pie. No puller required. Easier/faster than rear

Changed to +2 teeth on rear

I went down to a 14 on the C sprocket.

I have realized no additional torque...My front tire won't come up on throttle only. I do ride on the tank and I know that's not helping but that's the way I ride and have never had this kind of problem on prior bikes.

I tried sitting further back and no different really.

I lock-tite my CS sprocket like is recommended here. I certainly couldn't get it to budge without a puller after it was installed with lock-tite. I'm just trying to eliminate that step. Ideally I would unbolt SM wheels and chain, bolt on S wheels and chain and vice versa (using new master links each time).

Thanks,

WGW

• 4 weeks later...

Use the front hole of the chain guide as a pivot point and slot the other two to allow a slight down angle in the back...has worked great with up to 56 teeth...running the biggest CS sprocket you can gives you the same ratios and helps the chain live longer. The smaller you go on the CS, the more stress you put on the chain turning the tight corner (cordal loading) which stretches it faster...