Sign in to follow this  

swapable parts xr80

I'm looking to find out what parts off of the cr or crf model lines are swapable with my xr80. I'm more interested in the forks and tripple trees and the shock more than anything else.

It kinda depends on what year your's is. For example: You can't swap plastics and seat from a 2001 and up with a 2000 and down. But you can with the forks and shock and things like that. WHat exactly are you trying to achieve?

I was thinking more along the line of switching my forks and shocks with something more heavy duty. I've got my eye on some cr80/85 forks. I've done a lot of reading and I think I've got it figured out. I'm gonna get the cr forks and tripple trees and have the steering stem from my xr pressed in to the tripples of the cr, and get a front cr wheel and brake components. I think thats most of it hopefuly I'll have better forks and a front disc break when everything comes together.

Your bike will be a chopper. You will have to get super moto todd's link and a works shock to even it out.

The link raises the rear, but the shock actually works, whereas the stock shock is junk.

So none of the plastics from CRF's will fit older('96) XR 80.I was thinking of swapping out the plastics from a CRF onto my son's XR.

So none of the plastics from CRF's will fit older('96) XR 80.I was thinking of swapping out the plastics from a CRF onto my son's XR.

Not without a little fabrication.

If you are looking for an easy swap, i took a late 80's cr80(standard fork) and swapped over the aluminum wheels and the suspension to give my son more travel for where we ride. If you would like, PM me and i will post pics.His XR80 is a '95 model.