Sign in to follow this  

Anyone running a 5.5'' rear wheel on an 06smr??

I am thinking about going with a bigger rear wheel for my smr510 o6' I was wondering if anyone out there is running a 5.5'' rear. Are there any clearance issues? Was it a pain to fit? etc? I am trying to choose between a 5'' and a 5.5'' Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks.

it's possible but even the US husky team runs into some issues with chain to hoop touching issues.. have the 5 inch rear on both my Husqvarnas just nees to be offset with the propper spokes and no problemos at all.been running it on my 04 bike for 3 years now and loving it.. :applause:

Siam,

What i'm trying to do is get a wheel to go with that front hoop I'm going to buy from you. HAHA. So you think that going with a 5'' is the best way to go. I was kinda thinking that a 5.5'' moght be overkill unless your a pro leval racer witch I'm not. A 5'' will fit with minimal problem though right? Did you find out how much the shipping will be for that front wheel. PM me if you have.

LOL , not pro. but info from the pro's helps out ALOT.. :applause: setup helps out when your going balls out on the track .. But I'll let you know know more about the shipping this afternoon.. If you need help anodizing in red.. let me know too ( rear hoop ) ..

I have Factory Pro wheels on my SMR510 and with a 5" there is about 2mm of clearance between the 160 pilot race tire and the chain. the wheel has a small amount of offset built into it, I wouldn't want any more offset or I wouldn't think the bike bike would track right. So I think a 5' is probably the widest to use safely. Mike