Sign in to follow this  

availabe parts for older bikes

Just finished a frame-up resto' on 79 IT 400 . :applause: The biggest pain was researching compatable parts if oem parts weren't available . Yam would discontinue/change part numbers on what seems to be on a whim . I even had 'older' wrenches (my age) @ the shop tell me this before I started . :lol: Before I start another, (maybe a newer thumper) does one or two makes or models have a better after market than others ? Some parts guys tell me that oem Suzy parts are generaly cheaper that Yam or Honda parts ? :applause: (This coming from a guys younger than my IT 400 .

I'm not sure I have an answer for your question, but please do post a picture of big blue, here is her 2 year older brother.

('77 IT250D w/'78 YZ250E suspension.)

P1010170.jpg

P1010143.jpg

:applause: :applause:

Nice ! I'm still looking for a tail light . I'll try to get pix posted soon along w/ setting up the "garage" .

I'm not sure I have an answer for your question, but please do post a picture of big blue, here is her 2 year older brother.

('77 IT250D w/'78 YZ250E suspension.)

P1010170.jpg

P1010143.jpg

:lol::applause:

Nice, John. Ever gonna get it dirty? :applause:

Nice, John. Ever gonna get it dirty? :applause:

:lol::cry:

Yeah, funny you would mention that. Since nobody seems interested in buying it I am going to get it out to nicks this year and am going to let him use it for a night bike as long as he treats her well.

You might even see it in person in the near future. :applause:

:lol::cry:

Yeah, funny you would mention that. Since nobody seems interested in buying it I am going to get it out to nicks this year and am going to let him use it for a night bike as long as he treats her well.

You might even see it in person in the near future. :applause:

:applause: