Shocking!

I'm finally REALLY getting the itch to ride! It's been since November ... and I owe my bike TONS of work that I haven't done yet ... but I really, really want to go riding. Maybe it's the recent warm weather, or maybe it's that we're getting ready to buy Kris a bike!

YAY! as soon as we get our tax returns, we'll go looking for a nice used KTM300 or 380!

I'm really excited.

Can I have my serious dirt biker card back now?

I'm really excited.

Nope, your jones'n like every other fair weather rider. You need to show your commitment to get a SDBC (serious dirt biker card). Telling the snow bound to forget about dirtbiking and take another hobby is a big hurdle to overcome. :applause:

Hmmm. But I very much love my snow hobbies as well. I get bruises in all new places.

I ride with a guy, that is on this board alot, that he and his wife bought a condo at Copper this year, spent lots of time up there, but never poked fun at the dirtbikers in public, he even rode a few times when they didn't go to the condo. He still has his SDBC. Sorry them are da rules:excuseme:

I'm finally REALLY getting the itch to ride! It's been since November ... and I owe my bike TONS of work that I haven't done yet ... but I really, really want to go riding. Maybe it's the recent warm weather, or maybe it's that we're getting ready to buy Kris a bike!

YAY! as soon as we get our tax returns, we'll go looking for a nice used KTM300 or 380!

I'm really excited.

I'm getting the itch to ride more and more often now too.

Its all a matter of getting out there and doing it!.... once the snow melts that is :applause:

building my trailer has kept me at bay for now.

I've been snowboarding nearly every weekend since Christmas. I'm not tired of it, but I am tired of the I70 drive. they need to build Denver-to-ski-area light rail, screw this metro bs.

that would be a good idea.. I've heard of proposals to do this, but none ever come to pass.

That is what he wants, and he's 210 lbs, so he'll probably do fine. He rode Mark's 300 in Moab and really liked it. He's ridden my bike and a 250F since then, and wasn't super excited by either.

besides, then I can ride it too. :applause: and if it's an 01 or 02 i can steal parts off it.

Thanks for the link. I emailed that guy yesterday, not sure when we'll have time to drive over and look at it.

That is what he wants, and he's 210 lbs, so he'll probably do fine. He rode Mark's 300 in Moab and really liked it. He's ridden my bike and a 250F since then, and wasn't super excited by either.

besides, then I can ride it too. :applause: and if it's an 01 or 02 i can steal parts off it.

Thanks for the link. I emailed that guy yesterday, not sure when we'll have time to drive over and look at it.

$2300 is cheap for a 380. They're a whole different animal than the 300. I would not discount a 250 EXC, 2-stroke. They run hard too and will have no problem pulling him around.

I'm really surprised that as a beginner that a 250F was not enough for him at 210lb. When I got my bike I was at about 245lb and now at 220lb but at very few times did I think that it was not enough. I do want to get a 450 for the track just so that I can experience it but I think that in the end I'll stick with my 250F. Maybe we can get together soon and he can give my bike a rip if you want. After this weekend my schedule is pretty open. Or better yet you guys could come out to Watkins tomorrow in the early afternoon. I'll be there.

He rode a YZF250 already. Neither of us really have the coin to spend to purchase OR maintain a four stroke. He's pretty set on the big-bore bikes, so I'll let him go for it. I remember getting REALLY pissed when people tried to talk me into a smaller machine :applause:

He rode a YZF250 already. Neither of us really have the coin to spend to purchase OR maintain a four stroke. He's pretty set on the big-bore bikes, so I'll let him go for it. I remember getting REALLY pissed when people tried to talk me into a smaller machine ?

Now that's SHOCKING. :applause:

I'm sure he'll have fun no matter what he gets. People love the 380's.

At my size and weight I don't need an XR650R but it's damned fun.:applause: