Sign in to follow this  

Countdown To Keithsburg 1

mr. b, any idea were you will be parking at, i will look for you-also are you riding b class again?? should be fun!

+40 B this year , should be one of the young guys in the class:crazy:

Last year we parked on the right as you enter the gate, probably will there again this year.

We'll keep an eye out for you

+40 B this year , should be one of the young guys in the class:crazy:

Last year we parked on the right as you enter the gate, probably will there again this year.

We'll keep an eye out for you

Hey, thats a nice signature

That weather is all going to go far north of Keithsburg. You know how the weathermen are now-days; they all try to out do the other. :applause:

That weather is all going to go far north of Keithsburg. You know how the weathermen are now-days; they all try to out do the other. :applause:

i like the possitive attitiude!! i really dont care if its rainy for the race, i just really dont wanna drive home in an ice storm, after ive thrashed myself for 2 hours!!

That weather is all going to go far north of Keithsburg. You know how the weathermen are now-days; they all try to out do the other. :cry:

:applause: :applause: :lol:

So what are the conditions like down there as of Sat morning? I've heard the snow's deep on the course and the parking. What do you think the weathers gonna do for tomorrow? Do they ever postpone the race?

Conditions as of Friday afternoon:

I went down and checked it out a little this afternoon. The sections I looked at where pretty tacky but I'm sure there are some very slick spots hidden under the leaves on some of the new trail.

I'm hoping we get a hard rain in the next day or so to help drive the frost out , but the low night time temps might be to low to keep it from icing up again. Parking will not be a problem as of today.

Where you located at yz Scrambler?? I'm between Maquoketa and Anamosa. Was looking at this to be my first hs but I think with this cruddy weather...I'll pass.

my thing is that if the weather continues to worsten like they say it is gonna, i think that it is a little bit irresponsible of the club not to postpone the race (and i hate to bad mouth the club because i know they bust there asses to put on the race), but district 22 is all of iowa not just the areas close by, people will be driving from as far away as omaha and even farther!!!!

to me it doesnt make sense to endanger the racers when i wouldnt think it would be that big of a deal to run the race next weekend when the weather looks a little bit better!!!!!!

I know someone that went down there this morning and checked it out and said it was ice everywhere and water. The description he gave me was a crust on top about 1" thick and froze solid under that. He talked to the promoter and said they were not cancelling for anything. From the local news it looks like they have about a half inch of ice, still predicting 1" - 3" of snow down in that area.

I am going -------------- to spectate only :applause:

that is ridiculous!!! my buddies tried to head over last night from des moines and only made it to the first rest area and turned around!!!!!! i cant beleive they didnt postpone!!!!! i think d22 should have stepped in and made the call!!!