Sign in to follow this  

Leatt Brace

Ok, I Read The Data. I Haven't Listened To The Testimonials.

I Don't Think It Will Prevent All Spinal Cord Injuries.

It Will Prevent A Considerable Number Of Them

We All Need To Buy This Thing.

I completely agree, especially with "I Don't Think It Will Prevent All Spinal Cord Injuries"

As with any piece protective equipment not all injuries are ruled out but i think the device will help prevent a number of them.

Just another little fact reguarding saftey equipment, the AMA made it manditory that the "hats off device" is to be installed on all of the supercross riders helmets. I think this will be a great benifit to EMS providers in the event of an injured rider, as well as decreasing the chance of further spinal injuries while removing the helmet.

Thanks Dr. Mark - appreciate you taking the time to read the data and opine. I received my Leatt last week and I'm very happy with it. Well constructed and very comfortable. I really don't notice that I'm wearing it and did not have to make any modifications to my chest protector.

For me it's money well spent and I won't ride w/o it.

Dang, just when I think I got everything I need, here this comes. I already feel like a Stormtrooper.:applause: Somehow, I guess I will find a way to afford one.

Is this something more for the motocross inclined, or will every rider benefit from it? Opinions Dr Mark?

I would be using it for all motor sports.

Dang, I knew you were going to say that.

Well, I am just going to have to start saving.

Doc,

I ordered one for myself and one for my son after reading this post. If I may ask you a question. After a recent high speed get off I had to pay a visit to my orthopedic doc to have him take a look at my shoulder. [x-rays negitve no breaks] Why do we dirtbke riders get that condesending look and lectures from the doc when we tell them that we hurt ourselves on a dirtbike. I have been to my doc after mountain bike getoffs, ski crashes ect and never get the look or the lecture. Obviously you dont dispense this type of medicine in your practice:applause:

Almost all of our patients are dirtbike riders. We see almost no old people. Why docs are so antibike is beyond me.

Thats one of the reasons I tell riders from out of town to buy a SWA ticket to Houston to get fixed right the first time.

Almost all of our patients are dirtbike riders. We see almost no old people. Why docs are so antibike is beyond me.

Thats one of the reasons I tell riders from out of town to buy a SWA ticket to Houston to get fixed right the first time.

If anyone in my family ever has the need,Houston I'm one step closer to you!:applause:

Thanks Dr. Mark. I think I speak for a number of people in saying that the TT community was waiting for your approval on this:thumbsup:

i see that people are buying them for $400, but their site says they're $1000. what are you guys buying them for and where?

So how much stock did you buy? :applause:

:applause:

i see that people are buying them for $400, but their site says they're $1000. what are you guys buying them for and where?

GO TO THE SITE. All prices + shipping and handling

$395 for the CLUB

Glass Reinforced Nylon Upper and Lower

Weight: 850gr

$595 for the SPORT

Glass Reinforced Nylon Lower and Carbon Fiber Upper

Weight: 780gr

$995 for the PRO

Carbon Fiber Upper and Lower

It is, and its up 30% since last Thursday...

NASDAQ

LEAT

LEATT CORP | LEAT

Portfolio Tracking Ticker Alerts

Feb. 20, 2007 11:07 ET Market Open

Market : Other OTC

Last Sale: $ 0.51 Net Change: 0.06 13.33%

Share Volume: 647,730 Previous Close: $ 0.45

Today's High: $ 0.51 Today's Low: $ 0.44

Best Bid: N/A Best Ask: N/A

52 Week High: $ 0.30 52 Week Low: $ 0.02

P/E Ratio: N/A Shares Outstanding: N/A

Earnings Per Share (EPS): N/A Market Value: N/A

interact-chart.img?ClientID=44711&symb=LEAT&sid=2036725&pg=ch&time=1yr&freq=1dy&comp=%2C&maval=60&lf=1&type=2&mocktick=1&symbtype=0&country=US&style=2108&size=2&rand=8128

http://money.cnn.com/quote/chart/charts.popup.html?ClientID=44711&symb=LEAT&sid=2036725&pg=ch&time=1yr&freq=1dy&maval=60&lf=1&type=2&mocktick=1&symbtype=0&country=US&style=2108&size=3

I purchased one for myself and one for my son on Monday after I saw Kevin was wearing it. It was the final deciding factor for me. Just a couple of weeks ago I had no idea this brace existed.

A customer from work (upon hearing that my son broke his arm on a dirt bike) asked me if my son wears neck protection. He said the reason he asks is because he lost his 16 year old son in a mx accident back in the 80's. He said the bike hit him in the back of the neck and was killed. He said unfortunately there wasn't anything available back then, unlike now. It really got me thinking (again). The reason I say again is because when I was a kid racing back in the 80's, I was really affected by Bailey's accident and I think (looking back) that played a big part in my decision to leave the sport I was crazy about. Neck injuries have been on my mind ever since I re-entered the sport seven years ago. Then to see David plead with all of us to wear this protection seems silly to ignore it.

Be careful trading OTC Pinksheets. They are highly illiquid. I've been watching the volumes for LEAT the last two weeks and most of the trades are no more than 100 shares (at the current price, this is about $60). There have not been any large block trades at the elevated prices, which leads me to believe that the price is being artificially supported by relatively small trades. When I start seeing trades worth thousands of dollars clear at the current pricing I'd be more confident that the current price/market capitalization is for real.

Bought a bunch of shares at .14 about 2 weeks ago and sold it at .58.

At this point the stock is a day traders dream, just today it started out at .48 and immediately went to .60 and then back down to .48 and then back up to .58. I've been in and out of it a number of times ! Volume has been over a million on just about a daily basis for the last week.

Do I detect a little sarcasm there?

Do I detect a little sarcasm there?

No scarcasm at all. I spoke at length with their engineer after looking at the data.