Sign in to follow this  

Dumb exhaust question, flame on!

Ok, so I have a street bike and a dirt bike, I ask this question because I am curious about putting aftermarket exhaust on the dirt bike. Initially, I purchased a set of Leo Vince pipes, cat eliminator, PC3 and new air filter for my street bike. I had the TB's synched, then brought it in for a custom fuel map. The only thing I noticed was the throttle was a bit less herky-jerky. Overall power on the bike was not noticeable. Now the question... I have a 2006 YZ125, completelly stock. Is it even worth putting on aftermarket exhaust for trail riding? Are there even any gains compared to the stock configuration?

i know the stock pipe on the 250 is supposedly the best all around pipe, if anything i would just put a shorty silencer on it. unless you want some extra bling. then by all means, go for the platinum.

Ok, so I have a street bike and a dirt bike, I ask this question because I am curious about putting aftermarket exhaust on the dirt bike. Initially, I purchased a set of Leo Vince pipes, cat eliminator, PC3 and new air filter for my street bike. I had the TB's synched, then brought it in for a custom fuel map. The only thing I noticed was the throttle was a bit less herky-jerky. Overall power on the bike was not noticeable. Now the question... I have a 2006 YZ125, completelly stock. Is it even worth putting on aftermarket exhaust for trail riding? Are there even any gains compared to the stock configuration?

I guess your street bike is a 4-stroke. On a 2-stroke the pipe is not just a tube, it's responsible for the power delivery. I don't know if there are pipes for 125cc that makes more low end, for 250cc fmf makes the gnarly for example...

On a 4 stroke street bike the pipe isn't just a tube, a good pipe can make a big difference.