Sign in to follow this  

Boyesen quick shot?

Will this solve my hot starting issues I have been having? Bike does not stall bad when riding the woods but just won't crank very well after a stop without several kicks. Now is a good time to install one I have the bike apart with my suspension sent off to Factory Connection. The carb is easy to get off right now since the entire subframe is off. Is it worth it? where can I get one if so?

thanks,

roy

Couldn't really tell any improvement in hot starting but there is a huge improvement down low. If you're getting it just for hot starting issues then don't spend $90 on it. But if you want more low end this is a great product.:applause:

Couldn't really tell any improvement in hot starting but there is a huge improvement down low. If you're getting it just for hot starting issues then don't spend $90 on it. But if you want more low end this is a great product.:applause:
is that an RMZ you have? (just askin because you have yamaha on your avatar) im askin just because i heard it makes a noticable difference on some bikes but not as much on others.

is that an RMZ you have? (just askin because you have yamaha on your avatar) im askin just because i heard it makes a noticable difference on some bikes but not as much on others.

Yeah meant to tell you it is a 03' wr450.

A better idea is to send your carb to ZipTy Racing. For 100.00 it will have the best/most efficient ACsquirt duration set, the Accel pump will be wired correctly and a Emulsion Tube Jet installed...as well as a complete cleaning and retuning. This is the best 100.00 investment you can make to your FCR carbed bike. The quickshot only helps with one of these fixes.....as the JD Jet kit does as all the other things do....

After having them do my 06 and 03 this is a better use of money in my opinion, and the power difference is amazing.:applause:

http://www.ziptyracing.com/products/product_detail.aspx?id=MTUxOQ==