Sign in to follow this  

Bike setup DVD

TT'er were asked what video they would like to see and several people suggested a DVD on Bike Setup. We tried to cover the setup items that are changed most often. You can click the link below to see the DVD details.

http://motopowervideo.com

Here's a summary:

New bikes are made for a fictitious rider who rides in a fictitious environment. For example, a intermediate rider who weighs 160 lbs and likes to ride at a novice level motocross track. Does this describe your situation? Used bikes are generally modified to meet the needs of the owner. If you’ve recently purchased a bike then it is likely setup for someone else; not you. If you haven’t set your bike up to meet your specific weight, style and riding area then you’re not getting the most out of your riding experience. The DVD covers the following:

* Grease the steering stem bearings

o Inspect the Fall-away

* Suspension setup

o Setting the sag on the shock

o Determine if the shock spring is correct for your weight

o Understand how suspension rebound and compression clickers impact performance

* Install a steering stabilizer

* Install hand guards (bark busters)

* Adjust the handle bars and levers

* Remove and install a 2 stroke pipe

* Remove and install a carbon fiber pipe guard

* Remove and install hand grips (pro’s and con’s of each method)

* Remove and apply new decals to get a professional looking application

* Pre-ride nut and bolt check

Thanks.

nice but u got any for the 07 top end rebuild...im pretty sure i kno how to do it but i want a video to watch, to make sure i dnt forget anything?

im willing to buy these videos, made just for the ordinary riders

Looks good! Easy enough to follow for the novice do-it-yourself type, yet still pertinent info for the more advanced mechanic.

Yes, that's the video.

I REALLY like what you guys are doing - fantastic!

Like when you post the availability of new dvds on TT - but they tend to get buried in a hurry... My impression is you are a paying advertiser - any chance on getting a sticky for a week or so?

Just an idea - these vids are really good...

^^^^^^^^^^^^ I agree.

I own two of these. The fork and shock rebuild. Very good videos indeed. I highly recommend them to anyone :applause:

nice but u got any for the 07 top end rebuild...im pretty sure i kno how to do it but i want a video to watch, to make sure i dnt forget anything?

They have one for the 05 CRF tope end that I think would be almost identicle; wouldnt it Marty? I have several of their videos and they are definitely for the "ordinary rider" and for those who may be newer mechanics. They skip nothing and assume you know nothing. For example, on the top end refresh they started with taking seat off and ended with putting it back on - skipped nothin in between. I learn way better watching it done - esp on my exact bike. And these arent cheap videos with a guy just holding a camera, they are well done and carefully scripted.

The top end refresh and the Showa Shock overhaul videos took me from worried about trying it to confident. Worth the money for sure in my opinion.

Which 07 are you riding?

I would also add:

How to remove/install a FWW

Maybe how to cut seat foam for a shorter rider?

These are good ideas. We'll put them on the schedule.

Thanks

I REALLY like what you guys are doing - fantastic!

Like when you post the availability of new dvds on TT - but they tend to get buried in a hurry... My impression is you are a paying advertiser - any chance on getting a sticky for a week or so?

Just an idea - these vids are really good...

I wish we could sticky the thread but Bryan generally doesn't post sticky's about products. There would be too many stickys to post.

Thanks