Sign in to follow this  

A Message From David Bailey

That scares the sh#$ out of me. I try not to think about it but you know that can happen. I have been looking at that think.:applause:

I don't know if any of you saw Kevin Windham on Speed's coverage of the San-Diego Supercross as he was wearing one of the Leatt Braces. Wonder if Bailey's interview encouraged him to wear one. Definently makes you think about riding with one.

Sure it did. He's a family man and I can't tell you how much I respect him for stepping to the plate. James better get one on next week too.:applause:

Answered my own question. Not so cheap!

Club

Materials – Glass Reinforced Nylon Upper and Lower

Weight: Medium – 850grams

Suggested Retail Price – US$395

Sport

Materials – Glass Reinforced Nylon Lower and Carbon Fiber Upper

Weight: Medium – 780grams

Suggested Retail Price – US$595

Pro

Materials – Carbon Fiber Upper and Lower

Suggested Retail Price – US$995

Small and Medium sized models of the MOTO GPX are available. To determine the correct size of brace for your body, please use the following rough fitment guide:

Small: 4 - 16 years old (thin build)

Medium: 16 years + (average to bigger build)

That was a pretty powerful message. Especially the part about all the wheelchairs in the wheelchair section. I am convinced I need something to protect my neck.

Do the less expensive neck nuts such as the ones from 661 not work? How do they compare?

http://www.sixsixone.com/Catalog_661Moto.aspx?id=725d186f-675d-411e-9b67-23073ec285b2&product=4ce66cd2-81c8-4e86-a360-8a8485726792

I thought neck nuts offered similar protection. Obviously from looking at the two there is a big difference. Not to mention, 661 only mentions neck fatigue. Thoughts?

How much is your life, or being able to walk worth to you?

Yup. Thats exactly what I said to my mom when I was 19 after she bitched about what my knee brace cost ($325).

I said "Hey Mom, whats more 16800 (what my knee cost to fix in 1982) or 325?

There is a post I put up in the Health and Fitness forum that is a testimony from just last weekend about how the Leatt Brace saved his kids life/neck/ability to walk...His kid got cross rutted and landed right on his head and hit hard enough to break the brace and his chest protector and just got up and rode off like nothing happened.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=472506

Whoa before you go off on me! I didnt say it wasnt a smart buy now did I? NO i just said they werent cheap! 990 bucks is not chump change! It is a shame that the things you need to protect yourself are so damn expensive. Im sure it they were at a reasonalble price you would see ALOT more people owning them and a lot less injuries!

I would love to get one. But at that price it will be hard:eek:. I gues I could sit out a race or too.:applause:

I have one on the way. I've landed on my head before and ended up with compression fractures to my spine. Just a little more and I would have been in a chair.

Considering how much people spend on stuff they really don't need and $400 becomes chump change.

Ultimate safety is never cheap,I see idiots get a choper ride way too often just because they think a helmet is too hot to wear.I'm sure some of you who ride at local spots get that same look we get for having proper gear on.I like to think of it as Darwinism at it's best.Mean but true.:applause:

Lets hope it takes hold and becomes common place. I can remember when riders in the Tour de France wore no hard-shell helmets until some of the American guys started showing up with them.

So they are located in South Africa. How much is shipping and import duties?

I'm thinking of getting one with my tax return.

ben