Sign in to follow this  

seat height difference in kdx 200 vs. 220

What - if any - is the difference in seat height between a 200 and the 220? Is one a better woods bike than the other?

I am on a xr200 now, and am looking to get a kdx - I see more 220's on Craigslist than 200's and was wondering the difference. I am 5'3" so I need to be concerned of seat height.

Seat height is the exact same. I'm 5'8 and I left my KDX200 just how it came from the dealer. A lowering link would be a must have for your height. I would reccomend either bike. But I couldnt be anymore happy with my 200.

What kind of woods riding? Really tight or long straight trails. If it is really tight, go for the 220. If there are long straights, go for the 200. You can modify either one to do what the other does, but stock, this is what you would want them for. The 220 is all about bottem end grunt, the 200 has some bottom end grunt but much better topend power. Choose you're weapon, both work well.:applause:

What kind of woods riding? Really tight or long straight trails. If it is really tight, go for the 220.

It's really tight...and we got her a 2003 220 with a Procircuit Titanium 2 expansion chamber and a 296 silencer. It has vforce reeds and cage. Pretty clean and straight. I'll have to adjust a few front spokes, but all are tight. Looks like we bought it from the wheelie king as only the center knobs were worn on the rear tire. $1700 and he threw in the stocker pipe and bars.

Then the local shop gave us a tubeless Michelin Trials tire because they know us. It is used, but just barely. It was a take-off from a COTA competitor. She should be smokin' by next weekend (I'm going through the bike replacing fluids and typical junk you do to a 'new-to-you' bike).

Can anyone suggest some free mods worth doing?

A KX100 would probably work for your hieght... maybe you already have a bike that size though I dont know.

Yeah, I mentioned in the post above that we (Kangaroo and EYE) did get one...a 220 that is.