Sign in to follow this  

wierd problem

was riding my 50 on my lunch break today when all sudden it started cutting out. felt like an electrical connector making and breaking contact, real quick and snappy. when i came to a stop i pressed the kill switch and the bike would not shut off, i turned the key off and it stayed running. i just choked it to shut it off. is it possible for a wire to rub through and back feed, or something along those lines. im gonna pull all the body work off tonight and check all the wires, just cant right now cause im working. i did check the cluster of connectors by the left side engine cover. all the wires were plugged in and dry. any ideas?

found several wires chaffed and one broken by the cdi box. the harness was rubbing on the shock.

Glad to see you found the problem. I had something similar happen to my pit bike except it was a bad connection in the spark plug cap. Nothing looked wrong and the bike would run but not very well and would dye. The only reason i was able to find the problem was because i was checking to see if that plug was tight on the spark plug and i got shocked :applause: