Sign in to follow this  

clutch

hey guys i need help im new with the clutch cause this is my first bike with a clutch and i know how to use it but i need to know how to let it go faster without flipping or doing a whellie cause im light and my bike can lift me with ease

thanks

luke

Originally Posted by Gary_Semics

The clutch is more critical on 2 strokes. 4 strokes are so torquey that the clutch is not so important but it should still be used to help the bike accelerate out of the corner. Of course, if you're going to lock up the rear wheel in order to do a brake slide you're going to have to pull the clutch in but other than that you should leave the clutch out while braking in order to utilize the engine braking effect.

i dnt use it when im upshifting, but i do use it when im downshifting that way i could prevent the rear wheel from locking and stalling my bike (especially in turns). I use it to downshift aslo because u get better control when u are engaging a turn...

somtimes i down or upshift while in the air, depending on if there is a straight or a quick turn, but i usually pull the clutch a lil bit to maintain the RPM through turns...BUT IT WONT HURT UR CLUTCH...

ohh yea make sure to get off the throttle when u shift without the clutch...So basically using the clutch when upshifting won't hurt ur transmission, thats just how 4 stroke clutches are made.....

I always down shift with the clutch out unless I'm doing a brake slide to prevent the motor from stalling just like Gary said.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/framed.htm?parent=sequential-gearbox.htm&url=http://www.vf750fd.com/blurbs/shifting.html

explains how the transmission in most common motorcycles...

i use the clutch to start moving, stop moving (stopping completely), and feathuring it to maintain power...just make sure if u do not use the clutch, to roll of the throttle to decrease the "load" and u will be fine. i've been doing it for a while...search it, just type clutchless shifting on TT, this has been a very controversial issue..

im talking about when i just start to go and i dont do mx so i dont have to worry about that. Yeah im talking about wen im just getting going when i let the clutch go wen i shift into 1st from neutral im always so slow letting my clutch out cause i dont want to flip so if you could just tell me how to let my clutch out faster without doin a wheelie or flipping it would be much apreciated