District 37 96dbA limit

Your bike will pass easily. I have the same setup and mine is between 93 and 94 with the just the ProMoto billet spark arrestor. If yours for some reason does fail, they let you ride anyways, because they are just trying to make people aware of the law and are not required to test any bikes. If it does fail you will need to repack your muffler. You can get MSR muffler packing if needed.

BTW, D37 checks odd bikes on odd months (riding number) and even bikes on even months. What are you planning on riding in? GP's, Enduros, Desert?

Awesome, thanks for the info. I've never raced with D37 before so im not sure what my number will be, is that something that is assigned to you when you register? Planning on racing the Desert Scrambles this weekend as a warm up for the HYR 6hr as well as the 12hr later on and possibly the BITD Vegas to Reno, if we decide to man up;)

Its actually pretty amazing at how inconsistant a bike will sound check. I race all the Big 6 GP D37 races. I now run the FMF Ti Powercore. It usually passes without the quiet insert, but I have the Q.I. just in case. One time without the insert or sparkey it tested at 94db on my 06 450R FMF claims under 101db. Im sure things like tempature, and altitude also effect the results.

Awesome, thanks for the info. I've never raced with D37 before so im not sure what my number will be, is that something that is assigned to you when you register? Planning on racing the Desert Scrambles this weekend as a warm up for the HYR 6hr as well as the 12hr later on and possibly the BITD Vegas to Reno, if we decide to man up;)

When you register you will need to buy a D37 competition license, AMA card, and pay the club to race. It is going to be an expensive weekend. After you have purchased the D37 license and AMA card you are good for the rest of the year. From then on you will only need to pay the hosting club at each event the entry fee. You will also need to know your skill level: Beginner, Novice, Intermediate or Expert as well as your class. Classes are determined by your age and the bike you ride. Based on your age you will be riding Open and probably Nov. They will not let you ride Intermediate or Expert unless you can prove past race history. Based on what I have told you here they will give you a temporary D number, which will be converted to a riding number in a few weeks.

Ask them at sign ups for help and they will be more than willing to help out on proper placement of your number, where the pits are and all of the little details. The club hosting this race is the Checkers, and they are a great bunch of professional racers and really know what they are doing. This should be a really fun weekend. This is a special type of scramble with timed starts, so the dust should not be a problem.

I am in the Rovers, come on over and say hi. Look for Robert Wright, that’s me. I plan on being there Saturday and maybe Sunday but will probably do the VetX race at I-5 on Sunday.

How long do these races typically last timewise? Obviously, the faster you are, the faster you finish, but approx. how long does an average rider take to complete all 4 laps?

The hosting club is stating 20 mile loops. The fast guys will finish 4 loops in about 2 hours and most everyone will finish in under 4 hours. Probably about 3 hours for an average racer.