Sign in to follow this  

04' yz250f w/ no spark from plug?

My bike wont start:cry: , and i put a new spark plug in, yes its the right one, and i plug it in, and kicked it over a few times, and there was absolutley NO spark. I unhooked the kill switch, nothing. I need help fast!!! Im thinking about getting a new cdi box, do you think that will fix it? Ive checked all of the wires, and they all seem to right.

yea i know i didnt need to make 2 threads like the same.

But yea i did put the threads of the plug on metal, and there wasnt anything.

Not sure on the 04 but there is a way to check the spark plug cap (explained in the manual) to make sure it meets the correct resistances.

Also, check the wires VERY carefully, not just the plugs. If it is going to ground some place it will not throw a spark. Also, check ALL of the connections EVERYWHERE. There are some strange things that might cause the bike not to spark even though they seem un-related.

I learned the hard way

yea there is a way to check, but i have to wait until i can go to my dads friends house later this week. Im going to check everything extremely carefully tonight.

Look over your wires and make sure they arn't corroded, also the spark plug gap needs to be checked if you havn't done that already.

If it's not within specifications it makes starting very difficult.