Sign in to follow this  

should i ride or fix first?

Cylinder Head Gasket Worn/dry Rotted

Just Bought A 1988 Cr 250. Want To Start Riding Right Away However I Noticed The Gasket between the Carburetor and the Cylninder has A Couple Small Tears/dry Rot. Its Not Leaking. Is My Bike Going To Be Harmed If I Just Ride And Fix It Later?

:applause:

Cylinder Head Gasket Worn/dry Rotted

Just Bought A 1988 Cr 250. Want To Start Riding Right Away However I Noticed The Gasket between the Carburetor and the Cylninder has A Couple Small Tears/dry Rot. Its Not Leaking. Is My Bike Going To Be Harmed If I Just Ride And Fix It Later?

:applause:

"An ounce of prevention goes a long way"

More than likely it is only cracking on the surface, but why take that chance? I haven't bought one in a long time, but my guess is it's cheaper than a top end, and perhaps a bottom end. Dirt/moisture is a motors #1 enemy. :applause:

• Like 1

"An ounce of prevention goes a long way"

More than likely it is only cracking on the surface, but why take that chance? I haven't bought one in a long time, but my guess is it's cheaper than a top end, and perhaps a bottom end. Dirt/moisture is a motors #1 enemy. :applause:

And if there are breaches large enough to let dirt in, it's gonna be running waaaaaaay too lean...which means waaaaaaaay too little fuel, and no oil to lube all those expensive parts.

Fix it first or ride it once....

• Like 1