Sign in to follow this  

Oxyclean on air fitler

I use oxyclean along with several other on this board and have had no problems. It works great and I can clean my air filter the comfy confines of the kitchen. :applause:

DONT USE NO TOIL OIL ON A TWIN AIR, the oil has some special kind of alcohol in it that wil break it down if you dont use a no toil air filter, stupid i know but its true

uhh my twin air is completly fine, i have used no toil on it for the past year :applause: , i use it on both of the bikes (4 filters)

uhh my twin air is completly fine, i have used no toil on it for the past year :applause: , i use it on both of the bikes (4 filters)

I have been using the same twin air with no toil for two years....no problems!!

I have been using the same twin air with no toil for two years....no problems!!

maybe i should stop listening to what no toil says to make a buck :applause:

haha, yeah thats probably a good idea, but i do clean the twin air in gas once a month, because the cleaner does not always come out completly, even when rinsed thourouly

I use simple green diluted in water. You just have to experiment a little to find out what dilution level works best. Just clean it, rinse it , let it dry,reoil it. I used gas to clean them once in a while too.

DONT USE NO TOIL OIL ON A TWIN AIR, the oil has some special kind of alcohol in it that wil break it down if you dont use a no toil air filter, stupid i know but its true

I, too, use NoToil Oil with my Twin Air filters and have had no problems. I wash the filters in my clothes washing machine. 1/2 cup NoToil cleaner (Oxyclean) and 1/2 liquid laundry detergent. They come out looking like brand new. Try it. You'll never do them by hand again.

nothing like a fresh ironed shirt in the morning,smelling of premix.i prefer castor bean #5

nothing like a fresh ironed shirt in the morning,smelling of premix.i prefer castor bean #5

Yeah. I forgot to mention, you'll save on deodorant :applause:

Actually, it doesn't leave any residue in the machine. It's pretty cool.

Lol.:applause:

I know I asked this in another forum but got no response. Could I harm the filter by drying it in the laundry dryer?

I use a twin air flame resistant filter with no toil oil, no problems with the oil and the oxy clean works wonders and is CHEAP! I think I will try taht laundry machine trick.. hell I live in an apartment with shared laundry I guess what the old women don't know won't hurt em!

Lol.:applause:

I know I asked this in another forum but got no response. Could I harm the filter by drying it in the laundry dryer?

Dont know if it will harm them, but I do that as well if Im in a hurry and have had no problems yet(2years) I put the dryer on the low heat setting though.