Sign in to follow this  

BBR Camshaft and HD Valve Springs

Does anyone have any experience with these mods? I was thinking about picking them up for this season coming. Mods im running right now are Big Gun Exhaust, Uni Air Filter, Rejetted, and a modified air box. What kind of improvements will I see with a new camshaft? More bottom end? Top?

Thanks

I heard most people say they didn't really see an improvement with the BBR cam. The Coeshow Special cam is supposed to be pretty good. I can't remember who grinds it up though.

I heard most people say they didn't really see an improvement with the BBR cam.

Where did you hear that.

The BBR cam is a good cam, it pulls harder in the mid to upper ranges, which makes it harder to ride. The Coeshow special, will pull harder throughout the entire range, or has a broader power band. This is something we strive for when building an engine, because it gives you more "usable" power. If you are serious about a cam swap, don't forget the other mods that go with one to extract the most power. A good cam will need good portwork, a larger carb, a better exhaust, as well as more compression, to get the most power available. You would be well advised to talk to someone like Mike (Coeshow) about what kind of riding you do, and what you need from your motor. He has lots of experience with these motors, and can suggest your best combination. When doing miotor mods, plan the whole thing out, and have all the parts to do the job first. And remember, when you start doing motor mods, your reliability will be comprimised to some extent.

Yeah, same. I could be wrong, but Coeshow's cam is supposed to work good with the stock motor. That's why it appeals so much to me.

Ya, BBR's cam is good, but the webcam is better. I have the BBR cam on my ttr125. I like it, but think I could do better.

How do you know the webcam is better, have you tried one or are you just repeating what you read on the internet. The webcam may be better I don't know because I haven't tried one.

If any one has acually run the BBR cam and swapped to one they like better please post. I'm not interested in dyno numbers, I'm interested in real world rideability.