Sign in to follow this  

Midwest Offroad/MX Christian Riders

After google-ing that particular title I really could not find any club or organizations in my particular area (Chicagoland & suburbs). Thought I might give it a try here, and see if there are any Brothers in Christ willing to start a ride fellowship. I did find a MX-FCA chapter in Illinois, but I thought a small group with a few guys might be a good start for outreach and fellowship. If there are not any locals interested, what about starting a national fellowship with an annual ride, anywhere. Maybe containing a chapel service, mens breakfast and a all-day, or weekend ride? I usually travel south in the winter (FL), around Dec. thru Feb., but anywhere in the 48 would suffice.

I choose to place Lord first in everything, so why not this. Some may feel this is passe, but considering all things, its a good idea. Jeff

• Like 2

I am not close enough to you for a club but would be interested in something like this. It is hard to find christian people with the same interests to have a clean good time and honor Christ in it.

sounds like an awsome idea. I'll be on my own in about a year and a half so this sounds like a good way to meet new people away frome home.

I am not close enough to you for a club but would be interested in something like this. It is hard to find christian people with the same interests to have a clean good time and honor Christ in it.

Hey Gary, Lets see if there is a response in numbers, and we can go from there. Wis. is not that far for me, as I usually drive up to 2 hrs to ride anyhow. Let me know what kind of riding you do, and if you have a local OHV Pk. or Track. Jeff

sounds like an awsome idea. I'll be on my own in about a year and a half so this sounds like a good way to meet new people away frome home.

Keep an eye on this post, maybe something (a group of riders) in your area may be available. Jeff

Try contacting RFC

http://www.teamrfc.org/

Contacts by districts

http://www.teamrfc.org/contact.shtml

Mainly four wheel events, but they might be able to point you in the right direction of other race org's near you :applause:

Also check out:

http://www.tricmotorcycleclub.org/

For California and Reno:

http://www.rutsreno.com/

And CMA Virgina

http://members.tripod.com/nvcrcma/main.html

There are more than a few "cruiser clubs" ask around and your bound to find a offroad club near you

Try contacting RFC

http://www.teamrfc.org/

Contacts by districts

http://www.teamrfc.org/contact.shtml

Mainly four wheel events, but they might be able to point you in the right direction of other race org's near you :applause:

Thanks Michael, I was actually involved with our local RFC, when I drag raced several years ago. I was thinking more of just a group setting, organized from within. Just felowshipping ect. But that is actually a great idea for contact info.. I should have thought about them. Must be my senior-moments kicking in again!! Jeff

I wear one of these sewn into my CamelBack so everyone behind me can read it when I ride. Usually starts up a good conversation:thumbsup:

scan_Church_Clothes.jpg

This my conversation starter...and sometimes stopper!

06plate.jpg

I dig that # plate!

x2

By The Way....

I know that this doesn't really have anything to do with riding, but it does have to do with my lord and savior Jesus Christ.

Two of my brothers, are in a christian rock band and this is thier site. Let me or them know what you guys think. THANKS!!!! :applause:

http://www.nailpointpayment.com/

x2

By The Way....

I know that this doesn't really have anything to do with riding, but it does have to do with my lord and savior Jesus Christ.

Two of my brothers, are in a christian rock band and this is thier site. Let me or them know what you guys think. THANKS!!!! :applause:

http://www.nailpointpayment.com/

Their material would go well in a riding video.

Hey-

Love the notion. I live north of Indy & there is christianmotocrossclub.com based out of Kokomo, IN. I really don't know much about them but I think they focus on the motocross scene. I do HS & GP stuff and don't really see their presence. Could be my fault however. If there is any interest in getting something going I'm up for it, most of the stuff I ride is in the Northern 1/3 of Indiana. I've really struggled with not being at church on Sunday to go race so I really limit that and will continue to do so but I would like an organized option for when I do go to Sunday races I really need to be a better witness not only to my competitors but to my son as well. There is a place called Leisuretime in Indiana which actually has a chapel I believe and is a Christian run track. Unfortunately, they aren't going to run GP's this year because of poor attendance. It would be great at the very minimum to prop places like this up.

Hey-

Love the notion. I live north of Indy & there is christianmotocrossclub.com based out of Kokomo, IN. I really don't know much about them but I think they focus on the motocross scene. I do HS & GP stuff and don't really see their presence. Could be my fault however. If there is any interest in getting something going I'm up for it, most of the stuff I ride is in the Northern 1/3 of Indiana. I've really struggled with not being at church on Sunday to go race so I really limit that and will continue to do so but I would like an organized option for when I do go to Sunday races I really need to be a better witness not only to my competitors but to my son as well. There is a place called Leisuretime in Indiana which actually has a chapel I believe and is a Christian run track. Unfortunately, they aren't going to run GP's this year because of poor attendance. It would be great at the very minimum to prop places like this up.

Hey,

Same convictions here about the Sunday race/ride thing.

Most of my riding takes place on Sat., although our church does offer a Sat. evening service time.

I really don't race much, I like to just get out and pound out laps. I don't suppose you ride out at Motoland? I have yet to get there, but am going to try this spring.

Where is Leisure Time? What type of track? I am a old /slow guy, pretty much in the 'pathetic, hold everybody up and steal lines on accident category'!

I do ride with another Brother, who is originally from Indiana, so he's cut his teeth in the sand, that is mainly what we ride. This guy use to race 80's, with LaRocco and the fellas,back in the day, so he is pretty fast. We general meet up and just hang out for the day. Jeff

Medaryville, IN is where Leisure time is www.motoxleisuretimegp.org it's about 2/3 of the way up the state and probably 30 min east of I65. I don't really know anything about the place. I am old and slow too (although in my mind I'm very fast) and I'm really not into MX so (I just don't have the nerve I did when I didn't have responsibility) much as Harescrambles. My 11 year old son loves to ride and it's been a great thing to go out do together. Reads Racing has several of their events on Saturday. You might like the GP's they are not hardcore and mix in a little woods riding with the MX. Never been to Motoland but would like to check it out.

Medaryville, IN is where Leisure time is www.motoxleisuretimegp.org it's about 2/3 of the way up the state and probably 30 min east of I65. I don't really know anything about the place. I am old and slow too (although in my mind I'm very fast) and I'm really not into MX so (I just don't have the nerve I did when I didn't have responsibility) much as Harescrambles. My 11 year old son loves to ride and it's been a great thing to go out do together. Reads Racing has several of their events on Saturday. You might like the GP's they are not hardcore and mix in a little woods riding with the MX. Never been to Motoland but would like to check it out.

OK, sounds like another place to check out this summer. My friend, originally from IN. also has a young boy who tags along wherever we go, he is being broken in on a KX 65 this year. Are the GP's broken down A, B, C, ect?