Sign in to follow this  

Excited for eastern washington riding???

i can tell you i am. I like riding areas like taneum, naches, and sasse mountain. my dad used to ride rosyln and loved it, he has told me many many stories about number 9. is there anyway you can get to number 9? also, for all you taneum riders out there, me and my buddies got about half way up the hoyt mine trail and turned around be cause it was getting dark, it was pretty gnarly!! does anyone know where that goes, how long it is, or if it leads to anything interesting? all help is greatly appreciated. oh yes, one more thing, know of any other cool places like the ones i listed in eastern washington? fill me in.:applause:

I am looking foward to Taneum/Naches area too. Last year was my first up there and it was a blast. Haven't been on the Hoyt mine trail so I can't help you on that one. You should check out the view at Mt. Clifty if you have not been there before, its cool.

me too, i love those areas. yeah i haven't been up to clifty for a while. i hear they took out a big rock section. the hoyt mine trail is up the gooseberry flats side, it is gnarly and fun, you should try it if you're looking for a challenge.

I remember a couple trips to Taneum last year where I was coasting down all the hills with the engine off on the way back so I wouldn't run out of gas. :applause:

Ya I plan on riding a lot more of that area this summer. I never saw the rock section but was told it was a fun challenge. It would be nice to hit all the trails in that area at least once this year. The hard part sometimes is finding people to ride with.

very true about the gas thing. exact same thing happened to me last summer, i ran out of gas so i turned my bike off and coasted down about 5 miles of logging roads to get back.

very true about the gas thing. exact same thing happened to me last summer, i ran out of gas so i turned my bike off and coasted down about 5 miles of logging roads to get back.

suzukikid...tons more "eastern wa" ( more like central cascades) riding at little naches (off hwy 410 around chinook pass/ mt ranier area), and mad lake area near lake wenatchee/ hwy 2 past stevens pass, then there's gifford pinchot nat. forest south of ranier and tons of more lesser known in the mountains too.

ok....MY gas and coasting at taneum story: i was camping at taneum last summer and was there for 2 days . on day 2 i headed out up the cle elu ridge trail, to manashtash...down peaches, and then back toward camp on taneum ridge ( prolly 35 miles?). around 5 miles from camp, i suddenly lost all blood i my face as i had only then realized i had forgotten ONE important thing before leaving for the day. yup...forgot to add GAS to the tank!. i had filled it up the day before and went on a 30 mile ride. soooo, i pulled over and looked in the tank and saw maybe a pint left, so i go to the nearest fs road and rode and coasted easy all the way back. i found out the hard way how much range my bike has. by the way, it's a two stroke KTM 300exc so 65 miles to a tank ain't bad!:applause:

Joe

Yeah, I'm itching too! Probably sometime in May we can start riding up there (Taneum). I will definately be up with the rangers when ever they decide to go out and assess the damage to the trails. Sharpen your saws boys, we are going to be doing a lot of cutting this spring. One area I want to check out this summer is the Mad Lake area. Maybe thumpertalk members will do another ride up there this year. Or even Trailmeister Joe can take us on a guided tour.

Little Jeff

thanks a ton trailmeisterjoe, i really appreciate it. hey little jeff, i think i remember you from the smuggler, we parked next to you this last year, me and my dad and his buddies, we also saw you at belfair when there was snow still on the ground. i remember your little jeff sticker on your front fender. anyways, can anyone answer my hoyt mine trail question or the number 9 one?

sorry cant answer the question but im really excited to try the greent dots and maybe saddle mountain too. Thanks to old man time and his pictures my dad is actually excited for the trip(hopefully trips) there.

Come on spring:applause: Snow,floods,ice and wind was fun but cant wait for it to be over. Riding over there in 65-70 deg weather,the wait is killing me. We just picked up a new trailer and have been getting it setup/loaded for this summer:ride:

sorry cant answer the question but im really excited to try the greent dots and maybe saddle mountain too. Thanks to old man time and his pictures my dad is actually excited for the trip(hopefully trips) there.

You can ride Saddle Mountain right now...my son and I will be there on Sunday.

You can ride Saddle Mountain right now...my son and I will be there on Sunday.

Expect snow! :applause: I have about 3" here at home and still snowing. Let me know if you do make the trip Pete. I might be able to ride.

TONY

The Hoyt mining trail is one of my favorite trails, once you get past the knarly hill climbs it mellows out and follows the ridge up. Then turns into jeep trail for awhile and then back to single track, you can get to shoestring lake or manastash ridge trail and then back on peaches ridge trail. Makes for a good all day loop