Sign in to follow this  

Which new bikes have the best ergo's for tall people

What 07 bike you think has the best ergos for taller riders? I'm 6'2, I know it's not the honda, didn't like that at all. I've been a KTM rider for 3 years now but the new one's feel smaller, maybe be ok once i'm used to it.:applause: :applause:

im 6'4 and the yamaha 450 is the best bike I ever ever owned. Yes I put new bars and did a guts high seat but its awesome after that. Protaper Windham bends thats the bars I used

I think that no matter what bike you get, you will have to get new foam and bar risers

yep. i usually go with fastway low pegs, to get the pegs slightly lower and further back.

I think most of the bikes are going to need some mods to help you out. Im 6-3 on an 06 yzf450. The only thing I did was slap on some k-dub bars. If your into trail riding you might want to complement that with a tall seat, but thats about all I'd do.

Basically pick a color, and order some new bars to start, then go from there.

The '07 models aside, it's been my experience that although their all in the same general size range, every Kawasaki I've ridden has seemed really cramped when compared to the others.

I'm just 6'0", and with my '06 CRF450R I've put on the Fastway pegs in the lowboy position, added the universal oversize bar adapters (3/4" additional height) and the ProTaper Contour with the Fact. Suzuki/Stock KTM bend. I may still go with the 30mm rise Moose o/s bar adapters for that extra 10mm.

I haven't done the tall seat, seems like it would only serve to counteract the bar height...

you should get the katoom and put a tall seat on it and new bars. I think that no matter what bike you get, you will have to get new foam and bar risers

Thats what i'll prob do don't really want to change brands to be honest :applause:

Amazes me that with ergonomics on a bike so critical that it’s not standard practice to “fit” new bikes to suit a customer. Actually, when you consider the difference in reach between say a 5’8” rider and a 6’2” rider I’m surprised that the range of after-market stuff is so close in size. You’d sort of expect bar heights ranging over about 5” even with footpeg changes.

I'm 6'3" - 6'4"ish and I have a Husky. Everyone comments on how tall it is and I honestly believe it is the tallest bike from factory out there. Check the mfg's website, they list height. It works well for me, and I have the lowboy pegs, tall seat and high bend bars with risers.

I think gas gas has a very open cockpit and tall bike as well. ktm is nice because you can customize it with so many parts. Japanese bikes are the smallest.

I have always read people complain about husky 2 strokes beeing too tall... besides those new wr 250 look real cool :applause:

I have an 07' KX450F and I'm 6'1" it seems to fit me okay, I do need taller bars though..........

Got a buddy that is 6'9" and rides a Honda 450x with the normal tall guy additives bars, seat, etc..

Oh, remembered the late 90's KX is a roomy cockpit. The pegs are set low and back. I believe Gas Gas uses this same frame on their modern bikes.

Honda and Kawi's typically have ergo's that fit taller riders a little better, that is why I'm suprised you said the Honda felt cramped. I'm 6'3 and feel they are "roomy" and that is part of the reason I bought a Honda. Anyhow, try the Kawi and see how you feel.