THE WIDOWMAKER-jawbone

anyone have pics of them killing this hill...just went there not to long ago, and it seems the lines are getting harder everytime...but it's always do-able..there are some other hill climbs there that are obsurd. guys on cr500's hit in like 4th pinned :applause: ...

Here is a picture of Nick(NorCal) climbing a crazy hill near Jawbone:jawdrop: I think it was in the spangler hills area. This area had some of the craziest hill climbs I have seen. This picture was taken from the top of a hill on the other side of the ravine

mojavedec06012-1.jpg

Ya he went right up no prob on the first try. He came down it faster then he went up it.

This the only pic of the hillclimbs. A few climbs that him and his bro went up were crazier then this one.

That guy has some solid steel balls. I wouldn't even go DOWN that hilll for all the love or money in the world. :applause:

I'd leave the bike, walk down and pay some kid to bring my bike back to me...

That guy has some solid steel balls. I wouldn't even go DOWN that hilll for all the love or money in the world. :applause:

I'd leave the bike, walk down and pay some kid to bring my bike back to me...

I'd go up if I thought I had a snowball's chance in hell, but I'd pay someone to ride my bike back down.....different strokes. :applause:

Here is a picture of Nick(NorCal) climbing a crazy hill near Jawbone:jawdrop: I think it was in the spangler hills area. This area had some of the craziest hill climbs I have seen. This picture was taken from the top of a hill on the other side of the ravine

mojavedec06012-1.jpg

Damn! Who is that stud?:applause:

• Like 1

Gnarly.

Hey Ridgecrest Local/Mojave Expert -

Do you recognize this spot?

Whats the exact name of this area?

We staged a few miles out of Ridgecrest and then rode across a valley to another mountian range to get there. (what a horrible description:o )

Hey Ridgecrest Local/Mojave Expert -

Do you recognize this spot?

Whats the exact name of this area?

We staged a few miles out of Ridgecrest and then rode across a valley to another mountian range to get there. (what a horrible description:o )

That particular climb was in the Rand Mountains. It is southwest of the city of Randsburg near the pipeline road.

John, remember we staged at Spangler Hills, made our way to the railroad tracks, and pretty much went cross country through the valley, or Tegal Wash, towards the little blue mountain at the base of the Rand Mountains??? Great place to ride BTW:thumbsup:

I'm curious as to which hill is called "the Widowmaker" at Jawbone? Is that the hill right next to Blue Point (the big blue rock off to the right about 3/4 of a mile after the pavement turns to the wash board dirt road?

That particular climb was in the Rand Mountains. It is southwest of the city of Randsburg near the pipeline road.

John, remember we staged at Spangler Hills, made our way to the railroad tracks, and pretty much went cross country through the valley, or Tegal Wash, towards the little blue mountain at the base of the Rand Mountains??? Great place to ride BTW:thumbsup:

I'm curious as to which hill is called "the Widowmaker" at Jawbone? Is that the hill right next to Blue Point (the big blue rock off to the right about 3/4 of a mile after the pavement turns to the wash board dirt road?

There is a climb on the left @ the first camping/Parking area. About 3/4 on the way up the climb there is a white rock face :applause: .

I remember an old man around 70 y/o would go out there early in the morning w/ a Pissed off CR500 hill climber.

He told us that he was a hill climb champ back in the 60's. The old man could climb :applause:

i was always told it was the one on your right after the pavement ends as you explained...im pretty sure thats the one!

We use to call the big climb south of the road and just west of the black pipe water line The Wall. The one you stated after the pavement ends and turn right was called Jawbone. The pic above is acrossed the road from the Wall and was called the Sandpile.

Wall and Widowmaker seems to be the same hill. I am going on April 6,7,8,9th and will satge at the green hill by Jawbone. I am gonna take alot of picks and I am thinking of bringing a paddle for the 250 to see how far I can make it.

When I was your age I made everyone of them-now fat old and white headed I am gonna crash on everyone of them:thumbsup:

I love climbing hills... But hate down hills... so a few years ago I made myself a deal... "If you go up you MUST be willing to turn around and go right back down !" It's helped me a lot... After enough down hills I don't dread them so much now.

I was recently in AZ riding with a buddy and he warned me about an endless uphill... Well it was single track on a ridge back and by GPS was almost a half mile of rock and rut... I made it... but I was tired at the top !