Sign in to follow this  

Hey EBECK!!!! This is for you!!! We did a little test for you...

Remember this pic?

IMGP1466.jpg

Watch this and turn the sound up to hear the engines:

• Like 1

Remember this pic?

IMGP1466.jpg

Watch this and turn the sound up to hear the engines:

Thats one mean looking hill but looks like a lot of fun.:applause: :applause:

You guys watching the videos? The link seems to only be working intermitantly... I am going to put up a 2nd link to a lower & more reliable version later asap in addition to that one.

And where you saw the 230 go up in the video is all that poor little bike can do - can't do the steeper sections the other bikes were doing in its current configuration.

Suspension and tires were the main issue - needed a bigger main jet too - never tested the power until that day :applause:

Funny how, at at distance, those 2-strokes sound like gnats buzzing around your ears...

faint.gifI would have never thought a CRF230F could climb something that big,coffee your my new hero cafe_the-13.gif

Funny how, at at distance, those 2-strokes sound like gnats buzzing around your ears...

Thats music to my ears!

Nice vid Coffee

Nice hill climbs Coffee, Where are they at ?

Carnegie - near Livermore CA.

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=1173

Kind of a small place actually. It is no stonyford or clear creek - but its close to me.

RedRyno - It was my kids 230 and I was taking the videos - another TTr was riding and he owns the berg. The section he went up with the 230 was pretty much it for the bike - none of that steeper stuff to the right - was not going to happen that day...

Where the heck is ebeck?

Wow that is bannannas! I need a road trip out t here just to ride up and down that! When I finish my bike I'll take em both out there. we'll meet up.

I have been in the KX forum latley. My KX125/KDX200 motor/KX250 suspension hybrid bike is consuming me. 190 pounds with 35hp at the wheel with more torque 2000-4000 rpm than a CRF250x by over 15hp. That is going to be fun.

Here is my last ride. the pics really do not convey steepness. The little 230 hung in there with the DRZ400's, CRF450's and XR605's on the 5 mile 3 hour 1400 foot climb though. Man I needed a gripper seat cover. Brutal.

1stloopprofile.jpg

1stloopsat1.jpg

sychell024.jpg

sychell029.jpg

sychell042.jpg

Wow that is bannannas! I need a road trip out t here just to ride up and down that! When I finish my bike I'll take em both out there. we'll meet up.

I have been in the KX forum latley. My KX125/KDX200 motor/KX250 suspension hybrid bike is consuming me. 190 pounds with 35hp at the wheel with more torque 2000-4000 rpm than a CRF250x by over 15hp. That is going to be fun.

Here is my last ride. the pics really do not convey steepness. The little 230 hung in there with the DRZ400's, CRF450's and XR605's on the 5 mile 3 hour 1400 foot climb though. Man I needed a gripper seat cover. Brutal.

1stloopprofile.jpg

1stloopsat1.jpg

sychell024.jpg

sychell029.jpg

sychell042.jpg

Heck of a nice ride you had there! Come on out whenever you want! Better places to ride around here than that but it is close to me and very handy.

You got me thinking - from the video - how tall would you say that hill is?

In the video, I'd say 1000-1200 feet or so. roughly a 1/4 mile maaaaaaybe.

My guess was 800' or so. While your working on you new green Frankenstein project you can be thinking about how to go about measuring that - do you think something online might have that info? Google? Terra server?

If anyone cares there is a pro-hill climb there some time in the next month. They usually go up a different section that may be steeper than that stuff - but at the very least is more accessible to crowds.

What makes this vid kinda neat is the angle of the video camera - usually it is from the bottom or the top of a hill.

Carnegie - near Livermore CA.

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=1173

Kind of a small place actually. It is no stonyford or clear creek - but its close to me.

RedRyno - It was my kids 230 and I was taking the videos - another TTr was riding and he owns the berg. The section he went up with the 230 was pretty much it for the bike - none of that steeper stuff to the right - was not going to happen that day...

Where the heck is ebeck?

You still my hero,I didnt know that stuff could be done on this little bike that could!!!!

Nice vid Coffee! The sound of the motors really adds to it.

Thanks for sharing.

:applause:

Toast

Yep local avaition maps have elevation figures all over it. Ask a local pilot. They will know or can get it.

Yeah, our sectionals(maps) have changes all over the place. It some of the most challanging terrain in the country where we fly, altitude, mountains and weather. Those were the biggest rolling hills I have every seen! All the hillclimbs around here are like the ones in ebecks pic. Looks like the 650 got stuck for a moment there!

1stloopprofile.jpg

1stloopsat1.jpg

sychell024.jpg

sychell029.jpg

sychell042.jpg

I thought I saw a video of this ride,did I?