Sign in to follow this  

What was Scott USA thinking...?

The moment I opened up my newest edition of racer x magazine (which came realy realy late this month) and saw Scott USA's new Genius boot, I threw up a little bit in my mouth. They have to be the ugliest boots I have ever seen. What do you guys think?

If you havn't seen them, click the link. Also sorry if this is a 2nd thread like this. Too lazy to check.

http://www.scottusa.com/genius/

HAHHA!! I almost dropped the magazine on the floor when I saw that ad too. I thought the boot was some kind of future concept boot out of a design studio that an auto manufacturer would use. The boot looks like it belongs at the Detroit Auto Show. It definitely looks different.

Chris.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who looked at that and though "Hm... looks like a blingy version of master chief's boot."

It looks to me like they're trying to reintroduce their plastic boot from the 70's with upgraded looks and a bootie. Anybody buy or try on a pair?

from what i've heard they're not to uncomfortable but are stiff everywhere except in the ankle

ARE WE GOING TO THE MOON TO DO SOME OFFROADING:crazy:

I actually don't think they're that ugly. :applause: The first thing i thought of when i saw them was they look like they're made to attract Purdue University fans.

The return of the moonman boots, remember TimeRider:

Yes I remember that movie...I liked it. Felt sorry for the poor old man that had the heart attack when the Timerider dude came riding up to him at night:eek:

Yeah, those Scotts boots are ugly and funky looking. Shame too, that the have spent a lot of money probably to come out with that only to have it eventually tank, IMO. Unless.....maybe......they are marketing them toward quad riders :applause::applause:

On a serious note.....tanks for posting the pic of Time Rider - I LOVED that movie as a kid.

yea they are pretty goofy, but i thought the tech 10's looked like space boots when i first saw them, now i kinda like the tech 10's but, i think i wil never like these sc0ott boots

I guess I'm the only one here who doesn't think they look bad.

They are actually pretty nice:applause:

If they would get rid of the gold and maybe used a grey or silver, they would look better.

Now we're on to something. The baby-shiz color does not do the look any favors. I'm guessing these will offer great protection and most of you guys will be eating crow in 6 months. BTW, I don't own plastic boots and have no interest in this particular product. Scott began it's life as a downhill ski equipment manufacturer. I'm sure they have studied the ergo's of MX injuries.