Sign in to follow this  

And now, something completely different...

Since this pic was posted thought a follow up might be in order...

IMGP1466.jpg

When you watch it turn up the sound and listen to the engines.... Its the rider not the bike - to a point.

"higher" resolution link that works most of the time...

Special note to BigBob - it has a berg in it.

:applause::applause:

Give me a few minutes... that was a link to a higher than normal resolution video... it was working a minute ago...

Uploading std resolution as we speak...

Now its working...

Don't know what is going on - maybe their server is overloaded...

Try again, still going to post a lower resolution version that works more reliably.

That 2 smoke sounded like an annoying fly buzzing around:smirk:

was that last section steeper where they were having trouble ???

Was that craterbum? It looks like the dude can climb a wall with a schwinn!!

Did you climb that hill hill too?

Was that monday? I shoulda ditched school and gone.

Was that craterbum? It looks like the dude can climb a wall with a schwinn!!

Did you climb that hill hill too?

Was that monday? I shoulda ditched school and gone.

That's the guy!

I did my job that day very very well - taking the vids. I don't climb those types of hills - but he took my TE250 up the steepest section on a different day - no problem.

That 2 smoke sounded like an annoying fly buzzing around:smirk:

was that last section steeper where they were having trouble ???

Yeah - the stuff to the right gets progressively steeper. Traction was an issue that day - it had rain just enough to break up the hard pack so it was loose dirt - but very dry.

When the bikes get that far away they sound weird especially with the wind. But 2st bikes do sound a bit like insects.

Showed the pic to the crf230 folks a while ago and of course everyone was curious... how would a crf230 do on that hill? Clearly the rider is important but at some point...

Showed the pic to the crf230 folks a while ago and of course everyone was curious... how would a crf230 do on that hill? Clearly the rider is important but at some point...

Those little tractors can climb very well, you just have to try to send the piston through the head. I was surpised at how well my buddy's XR 200 did out the. Its true when they say 2nd gear is your friend

2nd gear on my TT-R is fairly easy I just have to wind the piss out of it. It still gets down on revs at the top but thats just because I'm fat. Never tried the stuff on the very right... I'll save that for when I get my man bike :applause:

I'd say the hills at carnegie are 80% rider, 10% courage, and 10% bike. I've seen kids (with brass balls) climb some serious stuff there...stuff I'm just warming up to :applause:

Was that Cuddies 925 on the smoker?

Cuddies had left at that point. Actually could have used a bigger main jet...

Yeah - save the big stuff on the right till you get you TC510... The little 230 was maxed out on the part it did go up...

That looks FUN :applause: Reminds me of some of the bigger hills at Clear Creek.

Can anyone give me the google earth coordinates for this place? I'd like to know a) where it is, and :applause: what the whole area looks like from above.

Thanks.

GPS: 37.631971 -121.538655

The street address is: 18600 W Corral Hollow Rd Tracy, CA 95377, US

I haven't ridden there in many years and looking at the satellite view was a bit odd. Out back looks pretty much the same as I recall but the parking lot area has changed significantly.

There's a large building at the gate instead of the old two person shack, Skip's store is gone, and the parking lot area is actually layed out now.

Damn, this makes me feel really old.

EXCELLENT video, Dean.......That's one my favorite hillclimbs!!!:applause: :applause:

Well when you get better you can ride my little Husky up that stuff on the right! Hope you are doing well.

Darn, I should have stayed longer. When I asked for the time I thought I was already going to be late, but when I finished packing and starting driving, it had just turned to 3 oclock. O' well. I want to get another ride it, I enjoyed riding with these guys, I kept up with them, and vice versa :applause: