Sign in to follow this  

these filter worth while????

Yes if you can get them for a cheap price they are worth it. You will get a couple of uses out of them. They are not made for longevity. Expect to toss them. They are $10 at the dealer. Be wary of prices and shipping.

I have used them in one time racing situations. I prefer a jug of Notoil and a couple of White Bros filters.

The TT Store sells them also. http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Tucker_Rocky_Offroad_2006/default.asp?p=508

I've been trying to find the write up on them, but I don't remember where it was. I know they said it was a good product, but that you will throw it away when it gets dirty. Not substantial enough to clean. That part seems a little scary to me, but they said the filters worked good.

The Yamaha/Honda dealer near me in Chandler, AZ stopped selling them because one fell apart and some unlucky guy ruined his motor. I don't know if it was brand new or if he had cleaned it, which I have heard is what causes problems, but it apparently didn't stay together. Needless to say, I won't be purchasing any of those things.

I wouldn't use them, they are meant to be used for 1 moto/race and then tossed, I think the foam and glue is inferior and wont filter as good as a stock or Twin air. In my opinion I would buy a Twin air airfitler for a second filter, that way you will allways have 1 clean one ready to oil and install, so there is no waiting time for dirty filters to dry after cleaning. This is what I do.

I tried them out once.. wasn't very impressed with the fit. It did the job though, not one bit of dirt passed through the filter. I will stick with my No Toil.

I used them all season last year, and will use them again this year. I remove and throw them away when dirty. I have found they end up cheaper than cleaning and oiling filters in the long run. I have not had any problems with them falling apart, or letting any dirt through. I buy them in bulk, and they are very cost effective that way.:applause:

Dave

would u want to trust your 4000 dollar engine with a 10 dollar peice of foam, if so than try it, i dont trust em tho

would u want to trust your 4000 dollar engine with a 10 dollar peice of foam, if so than try it, i dont trust em tho

Well since my entire 450f didnt cost $4000... I guess I'll try it.

Everyone bags on Ready Racing filters, but most people have not tried them. I bought three in September for my KX250, so I could have clean filters for races and when my Twin Air got nasty. Comparing the RR filter to the Twin Air, they seem to be on par with each other. The RR still has the little alignment holes, still has the rubber grommet around the bolt hole, still has two stage foam, still hasn't even begun falling apart after washes, and cost a fraction of the price. You can't go wrong with them.

Just make sure: Some models didn't have the rubber grommet around the hole for the filter bolt. I think 02YZ426 got one with this problem. If they don't have that, it isn't safe IMO.

I tried a Ready Racing filter two years ago and used it for about 5 cleanings. It seemed to "balloon" and not hold it's shape and didn't seem that dense. Last year I tried a Fast3 filter and liked it. It has held up very good. I now rotate between the stock and the Fast3 using No-Toil on my '06 KX450F. Been using No-Toil for 5 years now, stuff is great.