Sign in to follow this  

Pics of 06 Topend at 45 hrs

Cool...but i cnt tell from the pic, is the piston still in good condition? Def not the valves...

Cool...but i cnt tell from the pic, is the piston still in good condition? Def not the valves...

Piston had norm wear. Nothing more. It only had maybe at best 5 to 10 more good hrs on it before I would have gotten worried about it. The valves werent all that bad, The valve seals were worse, alot of oil on the valves seals which you can see from the excess oil on the valves them selves. I really do believe 40 to 50 hrs is MAX on a stock 250F engine. Anything more then 50 and you are asking for costly issues. I just replaced the piston with Wiseco H/C topend kit and Ferrer Steel valves as a preventive measure to asure myself 1 more good season on it. I also had some head machining done to improve flow and polishing done. I had 45 good hard racing and practicing hrs on it and checked the valves 3 times and never once did they need adjusted so everyting i done was just a "better be safe then sorry" attitude.

Looks good to me, better yet nothing has flown apart!

From the low quality of the pictures I think I can gather the faces on all the valves look smooth and there is no obvious pitting or damage to the piston related to dirt getting in the cylinder. The black deposits on everything would tell me somethings not burning all the way through, perhaps a little rich? I guess that's better than white hot spots and cracked valves.

Looks to me like you're going to be ready to go another 45 hours :applause:

Looks to me like you're going to be ready to go another 45 hours :applause:

I would expect 60 to 70 easy good hrs now with the Wiseco topend and Ferrea Steel valves. :applause:

Which pics need better quality, 1st, 2nd, 3rd so on. let me know and I will try and get better ones

did u recut your seats?

Yep sure did, had all that done to it before new valves were in. I had a 5 angle valve job done to it.

do you do the job by ourself ??

if yes what Special tool(puller,etc..) do you need to do a rebuilt

I had the head sent off to have the 5 angle valve job done( the re-cuting the seats) and had them install the valves since it was free so long as you had already purchesed the valves, springs and so on.