Sign in to follow this  

Arai XD

Guys I'm thinking of replacing my x-8 SHOEI Kenny Roberts with an Arai XD. Anybody have personal experience with them. I don't mind shelling out big bucks for a quality helmet, I've just never owned any Arai products. Thnx-Scott

I tried one on and it did not fit my head. I got lucky and the $300 hjc fit perfectly. If I had to spend $800 on one that would fit I would have. I read an article lately that basically said you do not need to spend big money on a helmet. It will not protect your head any better than a less expensive one. Thats what it said at least.

Yep i've had mine for over a year. Loved it. Did a 4000km trip with it, its nice and comfortable, though abit noisy.

The XD is a good helmet. I have owned mine for a year and a half (14 K miles). It is pricey, but my helmet still looks like new and the face shield cleans up clear as new. Fits well and comfortable. It is a bit noisy on highway, in the winter it lets cool air in. They are constructed in such a way as to give a smaller profile. The visor is good when riding into sun.

Ride Safe! Never take advantage of the helmet's performance.:applause:

I got one and love it. Very versatile, fits great...even with my glasses, looks killer with the peak on and is pretty quiet with it off. It seals a lot better than my first helmet but I guess that's not saying much. It was a Fulmer flip-front. I got mine for $200...the guy loves helmets and only wore it a couple times at the track...he had too many and was liquidating. I'd say if you were willing to pay 400 and couldn't find it cheaper, then it would be worth it.

i have one to and love it.i dont like wearing goggles,so the face shield is great.very little lift from the visor on the road.you can also get tinted face shields.

I have one, and I love it. I've always worn arai helmets, and I've gotta say it's another excellent product. I would never go back to goggles on the street again.

I dig mine. It is noisy but not too bad. At speed (50+ mph) the visor pulls your head around a little mainly if you turn your head...but it is not real bad (I haven't gone much over 70 with it yet).

I'd be careful if purchasing a used helmet...it can be impossible to tell if it's internals have been damaged.

It's an awesome helmet. Just wear some ear plugs and don't look up when going freeway speeds. The visor is adjustable and catches the wind like a sail when you look up...

Thanks guys-Cheapest I can find is around $350 for the black(which is what I want) Do they fit pretty close to the marked size? I know some brands run a little small. Scott

I wear a large shoei & a large arai is a little snug.Go to your local dealer to try them one ,then buy off of e-bay I bought mine for under 300 for a silver large XD.

I really like my XD for dual sport and street riding. But when you are working hard off road the shield is too hot! Raise it and you risk getting poked in the eye. For offroad I use goggles.

Most comfortable helmet for my head that I have EVER had.

I like it so much I am gonna throw on my dark smoke shield and take the visor off for summertime duty on teh SV.

Had mine just over two years, love it, fits me really well (Large) you can wear goggles with the shield up (I never tried it though).

I pretty much use it for motard rides now but it's an awesome helmet.

I bought my XD at the San Jose Motorcycle show in 2005 and love it.

I had shopped for an XD for almost 6 months and found that the XL was too big and the large gave me a headache. Was about to give up on the XD. Then I found out that they have different size pads for each part of the helmet.

Not sure who the company is the sells Arai at the shows but they are great.

One of the fitters spent almost an hour with me getting the fit just right and now my XD fits like a glove.

I could have saved big bucks somewhere else, but it’s hard to get that custom fit on-line.