Sign in to follow this  

Old Crow and race partners

Anybody done the old crow HS? I'm new to norcal and interested in what the course might entail.

Also, I'm looking for some racing partners. I'm racing the Senior Cs and plan to do much of the spring and fall series. I'd like to hook up with some guys doing the series and live in the Sacramento area. I'll camp at some of the races that require travel, so it would be nice to have a few others to tag along with. I'm pretty serious and train specifically for racing and competition. I'd really like to find some others with similar interest in competition. I'm hoping it will be pretty easy give the size of the field at the last 2 races :applause:

last years race was a good one I thought once you got thru the first downhill bottleneck into the mud bog...yes there are areas with rocks but that gos for anywhere ...fun course... roosters do a good job...enjoy!:applause:

I've riden there a few times, and didnt' care for it much. Mx course is pretty decent for a Park OHV though.

Rocks? Do you mean in the roost, or rocky terrain? I assume they'll use the MX track and the riverbed whoops. Where else does the course go? I wish these promoters wouldn't throw a bottleneck in till late in the lap, let the leaders get clear before the log jam. That crap at PCGP was stupid!

When I rode it in 2004, it did a quick 1/2 lap on the MX track, then went up into the hills. The course went across some of the trails, which made for some nasty 3 foot drops onto a flat spot. Back up into the hills and back around. The river bed was never touched.

I switched out my worn hard dirt tires for a new set of intermediate tires and was kicking myself. It rained a few days before the race, but it was dry and baked adobe all over the course. The fresh knobs were catching while riding single track and pulling me to the side.

I have a GPS track of it somewhere.

For some crazy reason, they ran all Seniors at the same time. A, B, and C Seniors where out there. I'm a C and I didn't want to hold up the A and B riders. Sometimes it was hard to tell who to let pass.

Thanks Kev XR! Helpful info.

Sometimes it was hard to tell who to let pass.

You might find this helpful in the future - If you are holding up a rider, its in your best interest to let them by, even if they are in your class. Especially if the guy is right on your A$$! He is probably way more capable than you, and if you don't let the rider by promptly, he may subject you to a less than desireable pass, puting you both at risk for a crash. Of course this policy really only applies to riders that just show up on your tail, not riders in the beginning of the race or perhaps the first pass through a slow technical area. Really there isn't a good reason to hold up a faster rider just cause he's comming up from behind. Sometimes good fast riders have an issue at the start and ride to the front of the race. I've had bad starts and passed 30 people in a lap.