Sign in to follow this  

need new seat!!

ok so i took a pretty big fall.......im ok just a sprained wrist......BUT MY SEAT CAME OFF!!:applause: so yea i get up and take a look. the frame is all cracked up, like the very bottom of the seat. the hard part. it snaped it like 3 places....lol so i need to get a new seat. not the foam, or the cover, just the very bottom. does anyone know where i can get one?? for not as much $$??

thanks

-brian

I posted about buying a new seat just yesterday. Mine cracked in about 4 places, what a POS!

Anyways, I was quoted $190 for the whole seat, and paid $145 with shipping, tax, etc, from my local dealers web site. Try your dealers website, and let me know.

Just FYI, thumpertalk claims to beat any price, what a joke? I emailed directly and first was told that the R would fit, and that its the same, (which it isn't), and then second was told its not in stock and to pay, without any mention of when I'd get it, or for that matter, price. Need I say that that experience was crap.

ok so here are some pics......

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

yea pretty f****** up huh? haha and yes my dealer, i use bikebandit.com because my local dealer is S***....and its $170 there. i REALLY REALLY dont want to have to pay that much for a seat.....i mean come on, it probably costs honda or whoever like $10 or less to manufacture a seat....and you know i havnt bought anything from thumpertalk yet, so i dont have much to say. but yea i understand, that would suck.

anyone else?? please help!! anything would be appreciated.

I've done some searching and came up with the Bike Bandit deal also. I'm waiting for a reply from SDG about a 450X complete seat. Will be pricey also but better?

I've done some searching and came up with the Bike Bandit deal also. I'm waiting for a reply from SDG about a 450X complete seat. Will be pricey also but better?

Dont hold your breath. I havd read many people say the same thing, it seems SDG does not care about the 450X too much.

Dont hold your breath. I havd read many people say the same thing, it seems SDG does not care about the 450X too much.

That's the impression I'm left with after contacting SDG. I'm told they "might" have one at some time in the future:cry:

yea i think i might be screwed for a while. i think iam goin to go post some "WANT" ads. i will post one here. but idk where else...thanks a bunch though guys.:applause:

I gotta brand new factory take off on e-bay for 45 bucks! keep an eye out there
!

Same here, I got mine for 50 bucks though, just bought it for a spare since I'd put a new cover on my other one.

You can find some pretty sweet deals on CRF goodies on e-bay. Doug

Are you guys getting a R seat off of eBay or a X seat. I was keeping a eye on eBay for 4 months and never saw a X seat, just R seats that don't work on the X.