Hey Honda!! Pls build this! CRF200X

My wife Susan ("The Ant") is 5'2" and 120 lbs with lead sinkers in her pockets...

For her, we've been through an XR-200, a BBR-120, a BBR-200, and a BBR-230. She loved the BBR-230's electric start, and the fit/finish of the BBR frame was totally awesome. But the shorter, 85-sized frame layout made it a bit tight and more wheelie-prone on steep hills in the deep, dark woods.

Plus, we wanted to go on a Baja Bound Adventure and had to have a full-sized bike with standard size tires and big tank, etc. (By the way, if you ever want to go ride Baja, go talk to BBA..they're awesome.) :applause:

So, now she's riding a lowered, seat-chopped, re-sprung/re-valved, Steahly-flywheeled Honda CRF250X. ('04 model with RHC '07 head w/ coated steel valves). Which she absolutely loves! But...on tight/technical trails it's still too big/heavy for her. "...sigh..."

So HONDA...please build THIS!!

Start with a Honda CRF150R Expert as a base and then turn it into a CRF200X

- bump displacement to 200cc

- "mild out" the cam profile just a bit...

- change the Ti valves to steel for durability (a slight rev limit loss is just fine)

- up the flywheel weight to smooth out the power delivery for woods/trail riding

- go to electric start

- bump gas capacity to 2 gallons

- make the muffler actually "muffle" and have a spark arrestor

- add a kickstand

- make it Green Sticker

I bet you could do it for a reasonable price and still keep it under/around 200 lbs.

And you would absolutely sell a (hmmm..what's the word I am looking for...?)

..oh yeah, you would sell a butt-load of 'em.

Skilled ladies and vertically-challenged riders really need this bike!!! We're looking at modding a 150R but that won't help the Red Sticker aspect.

Tank kew. - E-Ticket

I'm all for it. Was wondering when they would make the CRF150X.

Give the engine some grunt and make it more reliable (I can give up a couple HP), quiet it down, add a kickstand, slightly larger tank, and you will have a winner.

What was wrong with the BBR120? I assume that was an XR100 motor bored to 120 on BBR's perimiter frame with CR85 suspension? I would think that would be the 'eticket' for someone that's 5'2" and 120 lbs;) I guess no estart and limited gas tank range would be the main concerns for her.

What was wrong with the BBR120? I assume that was an XR100 motor bored to 120 on BBR's perimiter frame with CR85 suspension? I would think that would be the 'eticket' for someone that's 5'2" and 120 lbs;) I guess no estart and limited gas tank range would be the main concerns for her.

Bingo-bango-bongo ... you got it.

Nothing was wrong with the BBR 120...it was total kick in the butt...way fun! It was just so light!

But with kick-starting , and the 120cc kit bumping the compression up a bit - it made it harder to start if you were caught having to restart it in a challenging spot on the trail (off-camber, muddy, etc.). And I don't care how easy a bike starts - at the end of a real long day - eack kick takes energy. That is, once you have e-start .... you'll never go back. (grin)

And yes, we had to carry extra gas in a fanny pack for longer rides. - ET

Campisi, quit blinging your way down the trail with kid sized aluminum frames and step back and look at what Honda has already built.

A 06-07 CRF150F yes F with CR85 suspension, yes the same as a CRF150R set up by a good shop and not all stiff for moto tracks. 225cc big bore kit, a little porting a 28mm flat slide carb a good pipe, some nice Pro taper SE's.

You end up with a bike that is yes a little heavy but comfortable, powerful (18.3) horspower, already has electric start and a heavy flywheel, good frame size fits my 5' 3" daughter well. the weight is down low, much lower than a CRF250F. Does it all work, Yes while we are going to run a CRF150R in some Hare scrambles this year my daughter raced against full size bikes last year and did very well. She also does very well in the tight woods riding with the dads that want to see how well a little 17 year old girl can hang on her little bike. It will also go over 100 miles on a tank of gas. No it doesn't have the cool new R motor and make 23 horspower but it does have well over 80 hours on it and most of those are off road race hours.

Remember they will never build THE perfect bike. Have fun

got $8000 dollars? Heres you bike.

http://www.servicehonda.com/junior.html

If I had silly money back in my pocket - I would love to get BBR's new aluminum perimeter frame kit for the 150R ..... :applause:

http://www.bbrmotorsports.com/Products/Products.htm?CRF150R.htm&CRF150R

We really enjoyed working with Duane and Chris Brown - they are great people and BBR's customer server is great. I would love to get another one of their bikes. (grin)

The Service JuniorX looks like a great bike -- but it is still uses the CR85 frame a donor. Which means it is still has tight, rider layout and the short wheelbase/swingarm. Which makes it a bit more wheelie-prone on gnarly, steep uphill trails. The 250cc engine is *very* attractive - but am willing to bet it's the stock CR85 gas tank which will limit range a bit.

That's one of the attractive points of the new 150R - the rider cockpit is a bit more roomier for larger riders and the swingarm is a bit longer as well.

Both the Service and BBR bikes are kick-a** ...but they both have just a couple of limitations. "...sigh..."

C'mon, Honda ... help us out here! (grin) - RandyB

Campisi, quit blinging your way down the trail with kid sized aluminum frames and step back and look at what Honda has already built.

A 06-07 CRF150F yes F with CR85 suspension, yes the same as a CRF150R set up by a good shop and not all stiff for moto tracks. 225cc big bore kit, a little porting a 28mm flat slide carb a good pipe, some nice Pro taper SE's.

You end up with a bike that is yes a little heavy but comfortable, powerful (18.3) horspower, already has electric start and a heavy flywheel, good frame size fits my 5' 3" daughter well. the weight is down low, much lower than a CRF250F. Does it all work, Yes while we are going to run a CRF150R in some Hare scrambles this year my daughter raced against full size bikes last year and did very well. She also does very well in the tight woods riding with the dads that want to see how well a little 17 year old girl can hang on her little bike. It will also go over 100 miles on a tank of gas. No it doesn't have the cool new R motor and make 23 horspower but it does have well over 80 hours on it and most of those are off road race hours.

Hmmm... interesting idea! You've got my thinkin' gears going over here. - ET

You probably meant this response for eticket but, same as eticket, ya got me thinkin too! I have a DMC-framed (the BBR was a little too flashy for this old dude) CR80/XR120 bike that I love to ride but estart would be very nice! Never thought about a big-bored, 85suspended 150F. Maybe I'll wander over to the CRF150F forum and learn about CR85 suspension on a 150F. :applause:

We came up thru the ranks starting with a KX80 running a XR100/120 motor, then a CR80 with a XR100/120 motor, and last year ran the CRF150F all modded out. Engines Only is building us a CRF150R with 170 big bore as it is legal to race in the womens class of our local hare scrambles. It may work out for my daughter racing but the CRF150F will still be around for serious single track work, nothing beats that electric start and tractor like power of the 150/225 motor.

Engines Only did our 225 motor when the bike was brand new. No problems with the bike at all besides me overcharging the original battery and cooking a cell. We removed the key and used a CRF70 handle bar switch that seems to get bumbed on during loading and unloading. It has a port job and carb intake kit along with an EO pipe. It really does have tractor like low end and is just easy to ride. She has gained an unbelievable amount of confidence in the tight stuff and steep uphills riding this bike. I think it having the weight down low is the reason it climbs so well, her CR/XR120 would wheelie pretty easy going up steep stuff. We'll see how the new CRF150R handles this as it is the same frame design as our old CR/XR120.

Frank Nye at Engines Only did her XR100>120 engine mod as well. He does great work!

I bet the 225 disp., port and carb really do wake up the wee beasty!

I got a chance to ride a 150R at Moonrocks the other day for a short time. The rider cockpit is much more open, the swingarm is longer than the CR85s, and it doesn't feel quite so "short and hoppy." I'm willing to bet it won't be near as wheelie prone as the CR85 frame/layout.

Cheers! - E-Ticket

The rider cockpit is much more open, the swingarm is longer than the CR85s, and it doesn't feel quite so "short and hoppy." I'm willing to bet it won't be near as wheelie prone as the CR85 frame/layout.

Cheers! - E-Ticket

Randy,

My hubby brought home a CRF150R for me two weeks ago. We had planned on picking up one of these since they came out, but didn't have the money before Christmas. We were getting ready to start our MX series, and he felt I should start out the new year on the smaller bike than to get used to my 250X frame and have to go backwards down to a smaller lighter frame. I tried riding one of the 150's after a day on my X and all I could think about was how small it felt. Anyway, I took it to a practice day and rode about an hour. I loved it! I did have issues with it wheeling on me though. My husband wasn't there for the practice, but my brother-in-law was saying there were several places on the track I was out-riding my 12 yo son and my 13 yo nephew who were on 85's. I knew I was riding well, just didn't think I was riding that well!!!! I was so looking forward to the race the next day, but fate interveened after practice...... I was getting some stuff out of the back of the pickup and when I stepped backwards off the bumper, I came down hard on my knee and fell to the ground. Torn ACL, torn MCL, torn tendon and two meniscus tears. I will have surgery Tuesday and was told no riding for a year. Needless to say my 12 yo son is now looking forward to riding HIS new 150 in the Supermini class.....By the way, my husband is now looking forward to riding my 250X in the mountains this summer...

SusanE

I got a chance to ride a 150R at Moonrocks the other day for a short time. The rider cockpit is much more open, the swingarm is longer than the CR85s, and it doesn't feel quite so "short and hoppy." I'm willing to bet it won't be near as wheelie prone as the CR85 frame/layout.

Cheers! - E-Ticket

Are you talking about 85R vs 150R or 85RB vs 150R Expert because as far as I can tell the two Expert models have almost identical wheelbases (50.7 vs 50.6 inches for the 85RB vs the 150R Expert). I would think the 150R's would be MORE wheely-prone than the 85RB/XR120 bikes. The 150F has a 52 1/2 inch wheelbase but is way heavier than the other two bikes.