Sign in to follow this  

Bar kit and tall seat...which ones?

I want to make my XR50 a better fit for my 7 year old daughter. I had the seat cut down so she could touch better when she was 4, now it's too low. I was thinking a big bar kit and a tall seat. Any I should stay away from, or any you can recomend?

Thanks much.

I have the tall seat from Sik 50's and it's alittle bit on the hard side and I weigh 160lbs. So I don't really think your daughter will like that. I also have the BBR big bars and I really like them, But they are expensive. Hope this helps some.

bars are a horrible bend thin and weak, last i herd they filled them with foam?

the throttle is a motion pro COPY! worst you can have.

the clamp is ugly, weak, and gold(i know they got silver black and red now)

240?? u got screwed lol

www.50stunt.com the bar clamp is similar to teh BBR ( and ugly is all in opin ion) 50stunt bars are thick , the BBR one's are pretty damn thin adn bend pretty easy when you wreck hard

i went the cheap route and got a BBR clamp used ( love it..holding strong for 2 years of me abusing teh hell out of it) got some HARO BMX bars, and the salvaged a throttle from a kawi streetbike ( cut the extra controls off on my bandsaw) and then bought a couple of dirtbike levers for the brakes. i was able to use the stock front brake cable ( just release it from the little metal holder on the forks) and it worked fine untill i got longer fork legs

altogether i had about 125 in my first big bar setup...

i HAD a BBR seat, but it was closer to a 2x4 with a vinyl cover on it, i got rid of it and ordered one from a vendor on planet minis (i think it was RCmotorsports or something ) and it's very comfortable adn had great grip

Ya, it wan't quite worth $240, but I have had no problems with the bars. I have a spair SANO systems just in case, and I replaced all the cables with the real MOTION pro. I also bought the MOTION pro throttle assembly. I don't buy cheap stuff. Im all about quality too, but just as much as my pockets can afford.

I recently went through the same process for my 7 y/o son. I stayed away from the BMX style bars for better control & bought the protaper SE bars for a xr/crf50. Paid $60 or so at the local shop. I didnt care for the 'packaged sets' due to inability to choose his bars. I will say that they are semi-wide but have pleanty of room & marks for trimming to proper size. I went an extra .50 beyond narrowest mark w/o problem.

Seat: stay with a soft/medium foam for a kids weight. You can find GUTS racing foam at XR's only or other.

http://www.xrsonly.com/content/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=809&category_id=241&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=77

If you buy separate bars you'll need all the other stuff (new clamps, new throttle tube, new brake lever, & longer throttle cable) that comes in a tall bar kit. Stay w/ protaper for better $$. Seems Red Baron & others are VERY expensive & I really didnt think a 7 y/o kid needs billet aluminum material to putt around on the trail. Trust me I went through it all.

Now I'm going to try to sell you some stuff.

Unfortunately my son's crf50 was stolen & they took his new bars b4 they were installed.:applause: But at least it was B4 I installed all the new gear. So might as well go with a XR70 now!

I have a brand new pair of protaper clamps for a CRF50 I could sell for way cheap, like $50 (reg $125). Also have a very nice graphics kit as well for say $30?

If you price out buying the items seprately I believe you'll save some $$ going this route. PM me if your interested.

Graphics kit:

http://www.arsenalmx.com/p-TBR-RsceReBlkCRF50.html

Protaper clamps / kit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-PRO-TAPER-PIT-BIKE-HANDLEBAR-KIT-HONDA-XR50-CRF50_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35587QQihZ010QQitemZ200081313416QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

bars:

http://www.protaper.com/sebars.html

Have fun & good luck,

Bill

I have a tall seat with pretty soft foam and a brand new in the box Pro Taper bar kit for sale.....This is all you need! 200.00 for all

Im in Mexico right now...I'll get back to you guys soon. Back to the umbrella drinks and chicks...lol Oops, wifes close by....later