Sign in to follow this  

Cracky Knee?

Ok here's the deal. I had ACL and minscus surgery about 6 months ago. My knee feels good almost stronger, but when I squat beyond 90-degrees my knee starts to make crunching and cracking noises untill I get to my limit. It also cracks on the way back to the 90-degree mark. I saw the doctor today for the 6-month checkup and showed what my knee does, he said it was nothing to be worried about, but I am. It did this after surgery and has done it since. I was told it will get much better with time but so far it hasn't. When I do it there is no real pain just the feeling of something moving and at the same time making noise. It's not a little noise either in a quite classroom it was able to be heard across the room!!! Any advice???

Its been many years since a patient of mine had such complaints. Back in the early 90s before we understood rehab as well as we do know, this was common. When patients with similiar complaints presented to our clinic, we would do an arthroscopy and removal of the offending scarbands.

OK, well it's comforting to know it's a common promblem. So should I just give it time??

Thanks for the quick response.

whatever you do DO NOT attempt to do any russian dancing like this!

dance12.gif

whatever you do DO NOT attempt to do any russian dancing like this!

dance12.gif

Holy crap man, that's funny. ha ha ....anyway....

My knees have been popping for years now whenever i kneel down. 90% of the time anyway they will. It doesn't sound like you have the same sound as me, but my best guess would just be scar tissue built up or something from your leg being straight for so long (if it was in a cast/brace).