Sign in to follow this  

2002-2004 cr250 2 smoke????

Hey all, I'm in the amrket for a 250 smoker and I've seen many honda cr250's in my area... how do these fair compared to the yammies and kawies??? Power, reliability, handling? Please no biased opinions here... Thanks!

The fit and finish of Hondas are second to none. Those years handle great, but the engine needs to be jetted correctly much more than the others. They're still fast as heck and RC had a perfect season against 450s on one. I wouldn't hesitate to get one. They're used a lot in Freestyle and you can see just how well they perform there.

Craigus

i heard the cr 250 has a weak motor but if you mod it, it will be nice. but stock it is underachieving to say the least

04 cr250...motor is weaker compared to others, but it seems to be workign for me fine....handles great

railed.jpg

and it got me fast enough to go over this huge ass jump

2.jpg

If you need anymore engine you completely suck and need power to make up for it, or your on the opposite end of the pole and can outride the bike

The KX and YZ would have a better motor out of the box. My KX needed to be jetted other than that it's got a killer motor stock. Great handling bike too.

Handling, reliability, and ergo's are great on the CR's. Stock my '03 was a little week, but after a pipe and reeds it really is a runner, and up until I got the 450 last year, I podiumed the CR against 450's plenty of times.

My friend has a '03 KX250, and if we get the same start, they will holeshot the same. I also ride with a '04 YZ250, it definately has the strongest motor, but me being a taller guy (6'3), it just feels to cramped for my taste. That's not to say it will for you or anyone else.

i say go for the kx or yz. i love my yz (it's not a 250) i know a kid with a kx250 and it's a fast bike.

by the way, Zak, ur sick!

Compared to my KX250, the CR felt like it was lacking. Handling wise, it felt nimble and comfortable. I guess you could say responsive. Power wise, it just wasn't there. The difference was definitly noticeable. I say, ride a few different bikes and see which you prefer.