Sign in to follow this  

Boyesen Quickshot... GOOD or BAD

I am wondering if i should get one. I have an 04' yz250f w/ a white bros E2 Exhaust. Will it help with the low end at all like it says? My bike has mostly top end, how can i get more low end w/ out losing mid or top end and for under $100.

the throttle response is pretty good, so im just mainly looking for bottem end, got any suggestions?

the cover holds more fuel, so when u wack the throttle, there will be more fuel through the Ap squirt..when u wack the throttle fast, u cut off the vaccum effect, and no fuel is suked through the jets and into the venturi..the cover will just allow more squirt to help the rpm build up........it will improve throttle responde not so much low end power.

I have have heard good and bad about the cover, I thing I would do is the complete redbeard AP mod. Download the PDF and try it out, I did it on my bike.

I think its a sticky in the crf450r forum

really it doesnt do much you shoould just jet it rite and djust the fuel screw rite but if you do or dont ad 1 you should probly go up 1 on the pilot to start and go from there the bikes i build have instant response and also haveing good fuel is a must 93 pump gas does ok but if you want instant response you should run really good stuff like mr9 from vp good luck

I am wondering if i should get one. I have an 04' yz250f w/ a white bros E2 Exhaust. Will it help with the low end at all like it says? My bike has mostly top end, how can i get more low end w/ out losing mid or top end and for under $100.

Get a "Power Now" and if your bike has a screen in the air filter buy a "Boyseen Full Flow" air filter and cage to replace it. Those two things are the best money I have ever spent on a bike. If you are running the SA insert make sure the bike is jetted correctly. I have the same pipe and the jetting is different with the SA installed. Also, the race gas makes a big difference as well, much crisper throttle response.

How much are the power nows? And where can i find them for a good price.

I believe you can by the "Power Now" right here on TT for about $100, if they don't have it you can get them at your local dealer, Motosport Outlet, RockyMoutainMC, and other online catalogs. Here is the link for TT:

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Tucker_Rocky_Offroad_2006/default.asp?p=526

I did all this - best bang for the buck send the carb to ZipTy Racing

100.00 and it will be like a new bike with more rollon power, better throttle response

I did all this - best bang for the buck send the carb to ZipTy Racing

100.00 and it will be like a new bike with more rollon power, better throttle response

What was the turn around time on the service?

That's pretty fast. I'll have to think about this one. If your bike is already jetted great and you're not experiencing any bog, how much more does the ZipTy carb mod help?

My 06 stock was jetted perfectly. No Bog, NFLR needle etc...

The ZipTy Carb mod adds a emulsion Tube, they also completely clean the entire carb, wire the Accel Pump, and set the duration correctly, Float bowl as well as a few things they will not talk about - Trade secret thing.

I will tell you I was sceptical at first, but due to a problem I had with a particular Race Fuel that clogged up my carb, the slide etc...I figured I would give Zip Ty a shot. They would not tell me everything they do to the carb - as competitors take this info and copy it. But they did tell me the above things they do, do to the carb. I was contimplating the JD Jet Kit, a Quickshot and power this power that....But realized that all of these solutions address a particular issue or add performance. And they cost more money for all of them - 300.00+

So for a 100.00 I sent the carb to ZipTy and I had it back in 3-4 days. I messed up by removing the TPS sensor on the carb vs. just decoupling it...this was the worst part of my experience reinstalling it.

Once it was installed and the TPS recalibrated. It started on the very first kick...amazing and the throttle response was instant, like a 2 smoke. When I rode it on a track the first thing I noticed was the bike seemed easier to go faster on...the reality was that the bike just had so much better bottom than stock. Holeshots, and coming out of corners was unreal compared to stock - Bike only has 15 hrs on it so it is still fresh. My CRF riding friend liked the YZF so much after riding it he sent his carb to ZipTy. I liked it so much that I sent them the 03 FCR off of my 470. It should be here today and I will reinstall the JD needles in it to test this weekend. The other thing if you call them. Talk to Steve - he is very friendly and will give you most of this info. I am sold on this mod and many others from the Blue forum are and have also had similar results. Hope this helps :applause:

JUNK, Take the carb. off the bike and send it to zip ty or tokyo mods and your problem will be solved ..This is how I jet all my bikes.. Simple as that you will be very satisfied..