Sign in to follow this  

YZ 80 Plug Question

I have searched and just need some clearing up.

I just purchased a MINT 1997 YZ 80 that is bone stock. It currently has a BR9ES NGK plug in it. The owner said that it should have the BR10 when the weather gets warmer.

It runs not so good right now and it feels as if the plug is fouling out. So I am just confused as what the best plug to run for the spring and summer when im trail riding and hope this clears the poor performance. I have read the BR8 and 9's are hotter plugs and better for trail riding but stock is the BR10. So suggestions and opinions are welcome.

Also if anyone can point me in the direction of where to buy a factory service manual it would be greatly appreciated. :applause:

Thanks,

Nick

my 2003 likes br10eg in the summer i run a br9eg and clean them after every ride. the hotter plug more gas you burn. i think of it as a way not to mess with the carb.

my 2003 likes br10eg in the summer i run a br9eg and clean them after every ride. the hotter plug more gas you burn. i think of it as a way not to mess with the carb.

:applause: Just think of all the time and effort you could save by jetting it correctly in the first place.

:applause: Just think of all the time and effort you could save by jetting it correctly in the first place.

i like to have a rich running bike so i dont have the piston choking