Sign in to follow this  

Is there a cool medium for setting up your bike?

So I have the KX250 that I'm working on and I know there are some things I will need to buy for it. But as I'm building it I'm thinking that I know I'll want to do both track and trails on the bike. So is there a setting for my suspension and engine (i.e. pipe, jetting) that will work for both very well?

I'm relatively new to dirt riding and I weigh about 215 pounds.

Thanks

you can do gncc style suspension, its built for gncc tracks which are often combinations of track and trail (thats how it is in the northeast, not sure about CA)

i just ride it stock and adapt to it. i am not good enough to need $1000 dollar suspenion on a bike i payed 1500 for(98 KX250) and i also weigh 200ish. i did put the PC platinum pipe and FMF turbine core II on it along with duel stage reeds. are you nor/so cal?

I have a 2000 KX 250 and ride both track and trail at a beg. level. I'm 235 lbs and have had my bike resprung for my weight. Although alot of guys like a softer ride in the woods a little stiffer on track I leave mine stiff throughout. I have a FMF full pipe and the bike has been fairly good for all uses. Have fun and keep it on 2 wheels!

i just ride it stock and adapt to it. i am not good enough to need $1000 dollar suspenion on a bike i payed 1500 for(98 KX250) and i also weigh 200ish. i did put the PC platinum pipe and FMF turbine core II on it along with duel stage reeds. are you nor/so cal?

That's how I feel as well. Sometimes I really wonder just how many people are spending the money to do mods simply because they read to do it on a website somewhere. However, I'm sure most do it out of need. The stock suspension can't be THAT bad for someone like me, who is also a dirt newb.

I think the forks and rear shock in stock form offer me enough options to be satisfied for the time being.

It's really the sprockets and jetting that I'm wondering about. The bike came with the Boysene Reed cage and a Turbine Core II.

I'm in the bay area just north of San Jose... You?