Sign in to follow this  

If you have raced an enduro - please help

Hi guys. I am racing my first big race on march 3rd. Its called Castrol 6hour. Im doing a two man team. I am a fast B MX rider. So is my mate. Im just wondering what I should take with me for the race and bike preperations. What tools do i take? Im more conserned about getting a flat tyre. I do run tuff tubes too. Are T-Handles to big to pack in my like bag?

Thanks so much in advance guys. I ride 06 yz250.

Moose heavy duty tubes have been good enough for me. Lasted all last season with no problems in every type of terrain imaginable. As long as your rimlocks are tight, you can ride with a flat. Carrying tubes/air was never a concern of mine. I assume there aren't safety/equipment checks where you're not allowed to continue if you've got a flat. Your conditioning is probably the biggest factor. Being a B mxer, you're probably in good enough shape to handle it. Bring water and maybe a powerbar or some snack food. Handguards are a good idea too. It's hard to say, really. Every event is different. As you do more, you'll learn what you need for yourself.

Bridgestone Heavy Duty Tubes are the thickest I have found. I have tried the moose and many others and the Bridgstone is the best. Keep your tire pressure up to at least 13psi if it is rocky.

A start for tools - Plires, Electrical Tape, Zip Ties, 8,10,12mm socket wrench's, common allen wrench's, spark plug and wrench. I also throw a dry pair of gloves and some paper towels in a zip lock bag if it's muddy.

I race hare scrambles, but what i have to tell you is the same for both. Start hydrating now, a few days before will be to late. Take an extra spark plug for good measure:thumbsup: Have fun!!:applause:

Don't forget to bring along your balls! Unless you want to be bringing up the rear.... I'll never forget my brother's first race, he forgot his balls AND forgot to take his daily #2 before the race....it was a 15 mile circuit with four laps... I passed him three times! He finally stopped when he came into the pits for the first time -- straight to the port-a-pottie he went. Hydrate early, but don't for get to poop! Ha Ha! Still a good joke with my brother. Have fun.

If you're a "fast BMX rider," and you want to be competitive, I recommend the first piece of equipment you get should be a motor...

:applause: