Zip Ty Carb Mod Incomplete?

Ok guys I just picked up my Carb from ZipTy yesterday and am not sure they even finished the job. Last week they were rushing to get ready for the WORCS series race out here, so it was not finished as I was told it should be. No big deal there. But yesterday I get a call saying its done so I go pick it up. They had it boxed up, Well as soon as I opened it up right off the bat I noticed that it was missing the brass emulsion tube jet that it clearly shows in the pic on their site. Further inspection I noticed that the AP mod was completed, but as far as I can tell that all they did do. My question is to see if everybody else here did recieve the brass emulsion tube on the intake side added in their carb. I have not run the bike yet as my suspension is out at Noleen till tonight but I just have a sick feeling like i have been bamboozled!

Ok guys I just picked up my Carb from ZipTy yesterday and am not sure they even finished the job. Last week they were rushing to get ready for the WORCS series race out here, so it was not finished as I was told it should be. No big deal there. But yesterday I get a call saying its done so I go pick it up. They had it boxed up, Well as soon as I opened it up right off the bat I noticed that it was missing the brass emulsion tube jet that it clearly shows in the pic on their site. Further inspection I noticed that the AP mod was completed, but as far as I can tell that all they did do. My question is to see if everybody else here did recieve the brass emulsion tube on the intake side added in their carb. I have not run the bike yet as my suspension is out at Noleen till tonight but I just have a sick feeling like i have been bamboozled!

I would call Steve up - he is there and is on top of all of this - return it and let them finish it. He was out last week because of dealer show, their ISP went down for 3-4 days and it was a kaotic week with the WORCS race prep for last weekend. It should have the emulsion tube

You know that kind of pisses me off since I went back inside and asked Steve and he assured me that they dont add the brass tube it is part of another jet kit.

understand - just call him and tell him your 06 carb was picked up and it is supposed to have the emulsion tube - be polite I am sure he is dealing with a ton of crap for being gone - :applause:

Believe me - I went through similar last week with my 03 not shipping as they could not ship with computers down and race prep work

understand - just call him and tell him your 06 carb was picked up and it is supposed to have the emulsion tube - be polite I am sure he is dealing with a ton of crap for being gone - :applause:

Believe me - I went through similar last week with my 03 not shipping as they could not ship with computers down and race prep work

I'm confused. The emulsion tube goes INSIDE the carb - inside the float bowl. It's the brass tube that the main jet is screwed to and the needle is housed in. It should not be visible from the intake side of the carb. So, unless you have the float bowl apart, and don't see the emulsion tube (DEFINITELY a problem), I'm not sure I understand what you are talking about.

I'm confused. The emulsion tube goes INSIDE the carb - inside the float bowl. It's the brass tube that the main jet is screwed to and the needle is housed in. It should not be visible from the intake side of the carb. So, unless you have the float bowl apart, and don't see the emulsion tube (DEFINITELY a problem), I'm not sure I understand what you are talking about.

No, If you look on Ty's site it shows clearly the brass emulsion tube on the intake side.

I want to make sure of this before I call Steve. Is the brass jet looking tube on the intake side of the carb in the pic on Ty's site what was added to your carb?

I want to make sure of this before I call Steve. Is the brass jet looking tube on the intake side of the carb in the pic on Ty's site what was added to your carb?

yes call Steve and tell him you spoke to me - David Frankel

Tell him that maybe there is some confusion and you want to make sure this is done correctly - your carb should have this emulsion tube just like the picture :applause:

I spoke with Steve and he said that the jet in the pic is not an emulsion tube, it is in fact a Mass or major air jet. The pic is of a carb with the Pro performance jet kit installed. Seems like he knows what he's talking about so I guess I'l trust him and run it. Not sure why yours has the jet added though David. :applause:

I spoke with Steve and he said that the jet in the pic is not an emulsion tube, it is in fact a Mass or major air jet. The pic is of a carb with the Pro performance jet kit installed. Seems like he knows what he's talking about so I guess I'l trust him and run it. Not sure why yours has the jet added though David. :applause:

Crap - yes this is major air jet. My mistake appologies for any confusion. The Emulsion Tube is what the main jet feeds into. It is in the inside of the carb. This major air jet comes with the Factory Pro jet kit. This air jet is mainly for street bikes. There is no added benefit to this on a dirt bike. Sorry my mistake. I talked to Steve a minute ago - he reminded me of my misinformation. Now if my 03 carb would just get here.:applause:

Steve from Zip Ty just wasted 15 minutes of his valuable talking to me about this carb mod. First thing, what a nice guy, he was one of the most helpful people I've talked to about motorcycle mods. I trust him completely, and my carb is going out today!:applause:

Well I am partially to blame, take me out back and shoot me?

....major air jet/ emulsion tube.....drilling/ non drilling....sorry folks :applause:

All I know it the carb works better than it ever has....bottom line.:applause:

More power and cleaner running...and I have tried all the so called gimics to add power. change power better throttle response...yada yada yada

Well I am partially to blame, take me out back and shoot me ?

....major air jet/ emulsion tube.....drilling/ non drilling....sorry folks ?

All I know it the carb works better than it ever has....bottom line.:applause:

More power and cleaner running...and I have tried all the so called gimics to add power. change power better throttle response...yada yada yada

Can't wait to get mine back. Steve is hell of a nice guy!:applause:?

Ok, lets set teh record straight. People need to be educated on what they are looking at. Before you start talking about things you need to know what they are. In the picture on the zip ty web site it shows a picture of a carb with teh factory pro jet kit installed. The factory pro jet kit comes with a mod for the (MAJ) Major Air jet. That is what that hole is called. With there kit you install that jet into the MAJ and it acts a a venturi. THIS IS NOT PART OF THE ZIP TY CARB MOD. The emulsion tube is inside the carb and that is what the needle slides up and down in and hold the main jet. THAT IS THE EMULSION TUBE. So before people start talking about the parts on a carb you need to know what you are looking at. Zip Ty will not tell you everything that we do as alot of it we do not want to have copied as this industry has a really bad habit of copying other peoples work. You can guess what we do, but we are not going to tell you. I will tell you this. It takes our mechanics over 1 hour to do the carb mod. It also cost us about 15-20 dollars in parts that we install. Now add that up at your mechanic rate and it is well over $100.00. There is alot of miss information out there, so before you start bad mouthing companies for something you obviously know nothing about, listen and learn from people that do. Zip Ty has always tried to give excellent customer service and information. Ty is one of the nicest guys out there and would help out anyone at a race if they needed it. That is the way he is, and if anyone ever has a problem he is willing to fix it. Call zip ty if you have any questions and they would gladly help you.