Sign in to follow this  

Main Bearings going??

I have a 01 YZ125 that I think the main bearings may be on the way out, I have a very small amount of up and down play on the flywheel, nothing front to back that I can find.:applause:

My question is, is this the mains or possibly something else? If so, how difficult is it to change them, I have never worked on a bike engine before but looking at my manual it doesn't look to difficult, am I wrong? Also is there any way to take off the flywheel without a puller and can I split the cases with out the tool Yamaha recommends?

Failing this are there any UK members that could and would be willing to do this, obviously I would pay for the work or can anyone recommend a reputable bike engineer in the Birmingham/West Mids area?

Many thanks in advance.

Simon

If the flywheel is tight and you have movement, your main is the problem. Must have flywheel puller and some type of puller (doesn't have to be Yamaha) to split the cases. It's not hard to do. If your not very comfortable doing it, just pay. It would be money well spent if you split your cases and loose a shim or drop a trans stack. Pull the motor yourself to save some $$