Sign in to follow this  

any luck with kenda tires?

hey all...

im out lookn for a new set o tires for my 125. i already had the michelin MH3's and didnt reallly care for them.. i was lookn at a set of kenda millvilles?? have u guys had any experience with this tire.. my buddy swears by kenda tires.. im just tryna get a few more thoughts.. and if u have any other tires i should look at please tell me.. im lookn for a hard pack tire:ride:

thanks

i have had carlsbads and millvilles the past couple of years.....switched to Michelin christmas time and didnt get much of a chance to ride it.......the michelin is a wayy better tyre than the Millville.....if that helps you out any....my carlsbad tyres held up awesome....oh and dont get sticky compounds!

I have a MIllville on my 450 and it holds up just fine. The knobs are finally starting to chunk off. But that is after one season plus one season with studs in them. Good tire as long as you stay off of hard terrain.

Kenda Trackmasters have one of the longest lifespans in history. But buy a 110/90, not a 100/90, as they are undersize.

When you say you want a hardpack tire, are you looking for long life, or

traction?? Unfortunately you cant have both, but if you are looking for long life, the trackmaster is hard to beat. If you are looking for traction, then a

Bridgestone M22/23 or a Kenda Carlsbad would be the way to go.

The Millville works great in the rear. In my area we have a lot of soft to intermediate terrain, with a small mix of hard pack. The front Millville is too inconsistent and tends to wash easy at the transition from soft to intermeddiate terrain. The only problem I ever had with the rear was knob chunking after a season of riding. You can't beat the price!:applause:

i fitted a kenda millville 2 weeks ago on a cr250. all the rear side nobbles are cracked at the base while showing little rounding off. the track on saturday was sandy with a gravely hard-ish base. these tyres are good value but i guess they dont like moving out of their target area. i heard that the sticky types were to combat the chunking problem.

everyone likes the millville, i hear they last and hook up pretty good

i think one of my friends had a southwick' on his 125..it went pretty good

Kenda tires are awesome, i have them on both of my bikes. I just put a brand new set of Kenda Washougals front and rear on my CR250 but i havent got to ride it yet. They are their new intermediate terrain tires. But I have ran Millvilles and Carlsbad Rears and they both perform excellent, just depends on what type of terrain your running. Cant go wrong though, great value!

ridenow.com has 756 sets shipped for around 100. i would buy dunlops, michelins or pirellis.

Sweet deal. $106 to the door.

I run millvilles on all my bikes. bang for the buck can not be beat.