Sign in to follow this  

Mismatched Tires TC450

OK so i just took delivery of my new 06 TC450, i just noticed last night that it has mismatched tire, on the rear it has a Michelin, and on the front it has a Pirelli , i thought they are supposed to be both Pirelli, anyone else run into this, is this something a guy should pursue or just ride it??

If the rear is a S12 or similar it's an upgrade IMHO over the stocker :applause:

I respectfully disagree. While the Mich Comp III ATV tire they put on the back of the TE's is OK the Pirelli's are better tires IMHO. This would greatly depend on what type of riding you do and where i find the Pirelli a superior tire in most all conditions.

Just RIDE it. :applause:

When you're ready buy the tires that you want and work where you ride.

I respectfully disagree. While the Mich Comp III ATV tire they put on the back of the TE's is OK the Pirelli's are better tires IMHO. This would greatly depend on what type of riding you do and where i find the Pirelli a superior tire in most all conditions.

He's talking about a TC. I believe they come with different tires than the TE.

Do you have a 19" rear? The bikes with 18"s come with Michelins and the 19"s come with Pirellis.

TCs come with MT32s the rear probably got changed since that bike shreads rears easy.( new bike ? ) M12s are a little harder than the S12 so it might last longer maybe thats why it came that way.. the front MT32 are not too bad.. remember this is a TC so the tires are spaced wide for MX action but will still work great off roading.. if only they can make a rear MT32 thats a bit harder than what it is now. would be perfect..

If the rear is a S12 or similar it's an upgrade IMHO over the stocker :applause:

Ya for sure my pirelli was unusable in 30 mins