Sign in to follow this  

Paypal Scam Alert

I just recieved a reciept for a payment I made to "Debbiesrcworld" via my PayPal acct. &%$#@!????? is what I said to myself. I almost fell for it! I looked at the reciept, and it looked a little different, so I checked with all my old ones on file. It was different, so I forwarded a copy to both PayPal's spoof site, and also Debbiesrcworld. Here is the response I recieved from eric@debbiesrcworld From: eric@debbiesrcworld.com

To: killerdwarf77@hotmail.com

Subject: In step Push Cart it is a Hoax also Raven Sportwerks ST is a Hoax

Date: 21 Feb 2007 16:35:54 -0000

>In regards to this Fake Receipt that you have received please forward it to Spoof@paypal.com and let them handle it. This email was not created by us but someone has stolen our email address and our store name and is using it to solicit info from people. Please do not click the dispute link because it brings up a fake website that looks like paypal but is not and notice in the address bar that web address is not real as well. If you by chance have already hit the dispute button and keyed in your info , you need to cnacel everything! Thye now have your info!! Contact your local Fraud Department Please forward this receipt and this response that I am sending you to all your friends that you have on ebay and also in your email address book so that we can stop and stamp out this fraud that is being solicited. This info is for the a purchase of a Sportwerks Raven St ($189.99) and a In Step Push Caddy ($124.99) Thank you!!

Just thought I would give you heads up!!!!

I got a pay pal warning the other day ..i dont even have a pay pal account??

or a credit card for that matter ?? whats up with that?

Attention PayPal Online Client:

You have received this email because we have strong reason to believe that your PayPal account had been recently compromised. In order to prevent any fraudulent activity from occurring we are required to open an investigation into this matter.

If your account informations are not updated within the next 72 hours, then we will assume this account is fraudulent and will be suspended. We apologize for this inconvenience, but the purpose of this verification is to ensure that your PayPal account has not been fraudulently used and to combat fraud.

Please login into your PayPal Online account and complete verification process

We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you and we would like to thank you for your cooperation as we review this matter.

I just deleted the same warning. It said that if I didn't renew my password in the next 24 hrs my account would be suspended. Looks like I won't be using PayPal again.

They nearly got me. I too received a similar email probably 2 months ago and came reaaal close to giving them my logon data but got suspicious because I remembered something about what they(PayPal) saying how they would never ask for this very info. I backed out and notified PayPal about this spoof.

They gave me directions about how to treat it and then posted a warning on their main page. I must have been one of the first to notify them about it, about a month later the local news talked about many people being sucked in and losing money. The bast...ds doing this are real slick, the email is crafted in such a way as to draw you before you may even realize what's going on.

BEWARE!:cry: :cry: :eek::p :p :p:mad::lol::D :D :D

Man, what I'd give to get my hands on them:smashpc: :lol::applause: :applause:

Awya they want you to put all your info in so they can get your credit card info and such. Basically steal all your info from you.

PayPal is VERY secure. There is no problems with them. The problem is YOU! These scammers sit on their puters 24/7/366 figuring a way to get rich without working. You need be very observant. Never, ever, reply to emails which ask ANY info.

yah i got the same thing yesterday im well aware of the internet scams going on so i didnt' evn open it just deleted it.....pay pal or banks and anything secure like that will NEVER ask you for information like that.