Do not buy this for the lil one's

If your kids wants a bike toy bypass this one its crap things that broke on it is,36 volt battery and the charger ,front rim,chain,charging port cover,rear shock,throttle,brake cable,front fender,chain cover,kickstand.Yes the company has a 180 day warranty and will send you parts after you fax them a receipt every time you call. You pay for shipping.And they always send the worng parts.I always see ride on toys at the track for the kids that are still to small put in the extra money and get a jr50 hears the link http://www.toyquest.com/minimoto1/MOTOCROSS/index.html

If your kids wants a bike toy bypass this one its crap things that broke on it is,36 volt battery and the charger ,front rim,chain,charging port cover,rear shock,throttle,brake cable,front fender,chain cover,kickstand.Yes the company has a 180 day warranty and will send you parts after you fax them a receipt every time you call. You pay for shipping.And they always send the worng parts.I always see ride on toys at the track for the kids that are still to small put in the extra money and get a jr50 hears the link http://www.toyquest.com/minimoto1/MOTOCROSS/index.html

Why not just get a YZ50 and put some training wheels on it? How little is the "lil" one?

You get what you pay for.

Spend some dough on a used PW50 or crf50 and you CAN'T LOSE. You use them for a year or two and then sell them for almost the same that you bought them for! I've done this twice. In fact, I made $100 on the PW50 after teaching two kids to ride on it.

You spend more upfront but almost get to use a bike for free when it's all done (without all of the chinese crap bike headaches).

BTW, thanks for the warning anyway, Shane.

That was a good laugh. They mixed the Honda XR and CRF names and made it XRF. Almost good enough to trick someone who doesn't really know what they are looking for.

yeah and it said its a "500" too. :applause: thats too much motor for a little kid.?

If you want the absolute best beginner bike go to www.osetbikes.com. My 3 yr old can ride his with no training wheels. I'm trying to convince my 6 yr old to let me sell his PW50 to buy another Oset.

thats a nice looking mini bike for a kid! that mini trial bike will teach the kids how to handle the tight and technical stuff. :applause:

• 10 months later...

I've been looking at those osets too. They look like very good beginner bikes. You can limit the throttle from 0-max. Max on teh 12.5 inch is 14mph. They have a video of a little girl taking her first ride (with training wheels) 1 week before her 2nd birthday! I went to a Trials Training class a while back and there was a 4 year old on one and they are very quality bikes from what the kids grandpa (owner of the trials training center) was telling us.

I detect China HATERS. Why everyone so square? It's not what I like, so it must be junk. Geez...do ya have experience on one? If not, you should really keep it to yourself, the Japanese bikes 30yrs ago were just as bad if not worse.

I don't particularly care for either of the bikes posted, but it's not because they are Chinese. I am just biased towards gasoline engines. Go and find me a Chinese XR50 equivalent that is the same quality and I will be all for it.

If you want the absolute best beginner bike go to www.osetbikes.com. My 3 yr old can ride his with no training wheels. I'm trying to convince my 6 yr old to let me sell his PW50 to buy another Oset.

Yep have to agree. I put an order in for the 125 yesterday for my youngest. Then whacked the TTR50E on ebay, to cash up for a 160 for the older children. Seems like a better way to learn. Should be good for a bit of follow the leader too:ride: .

Have a safe New Year.

Cheers

Kem